E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Problems with light error?

06-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
my92
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Problems with light error?

Getting the light bulb with the ! through it but there is nothing wrong with the lights ( I'm assuming that's what the error light means after reading the manual ). It's happened before but once I turned the car off and turned it back on it was gone but this time it's constantly there. I've checked all my lights, hazards, rings, high beam, tail lights, headlights, interior, etc. I just can't seem to figure out what it is. Anyone got any clues?

edit: found another thread via search but out of the 4 posts it had, I'm guessing its an "iffy" connection, whatever that means..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
lstoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M Competition

Had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. I forget what the actual code was, but it indicated the rear brake lamps.

Checked everything and all of them were good. Took it to the dealer, and they tested everything, found no problems, but decided to order and replace both of the rear tail assemblies.

Apparently it is a common problem related to a loose or corroded connection in the housing.
Appreciate 0