E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need some help on deciding some e90 328i

06-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
daworm
Rep
Drives: Silver 328i e90

Need some help on deciding some e90 328i

I just recently purchased a silver 2007 e90 328i and i was looking into doing a few things and i would like some help in pointing me in the right direction.

Tail lights: I am looking at putting on blackline tail lights, are there any other good looking options?

Spoiler: I have seen the trunk lip spoiler, but have no idea what it is called or where to find it. Does anybody know?

Grill trim: I have black trim on the outside of my car, but for some reason the grill trim is chrome. Should i buy new trim, or attempt to paint it?

Headlights: I want to get rid of the orange reflector. Do i have any other options than to put an eyelid on it?

Rims: I am not so sure that i want to drop the money right now, but some time in the future i would like to get new rims, preferably bmw rims. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

PS: does putting new tail lights and headlights void your manufacturers warranty?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

I recommend spending several hours searching through threads in each section.

Taillights: Get some Hella or DEPO OEM Blacklines. They are sick and will not void anything.
Spoiler: Search through cosmetics
Grille trim: Plasti Dip spray paint. It's a torx 25 I think and six screws to remove the mustache. The kidneys are self explanatory. Just unscrew and pull out.
Headlights: You can vinyl over the Amber reflector.
WHEELS not rims. Rim is the outside of the wheel. Search.
Don't fuck with the headlights, especially if you have xenons, just vinyl the reflector, I cannot stress that enough. If you attempt to bake them in the oven and screw it up enjoy spending several grand to replace them.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Tail lights: I am looking at putting on blackline tail lights, are there any other good looking options?

OEM blacklines are the ONLY way to go.

Spoiler: I have seen the trunk lip spoiler, but have no idea what it is called or where to find it. Does anybody know?

Grill trim: I have black trim on the outside of my car, but for some reason the grill trim is chrome. Should i buy new trim, or attempt to paint it?

Go to home depot any buy a 98 cent can of matte black paint and some 400 grit.

Headlights: I want to get rid of the orange reflector. Do i have any other options than to put an eyelid on it?

Rims: I am not so sure that i want to drop the money right now, but some time in the future i would like to get new rims, preferably bmw rims. Any suggestions?

drop the car before you get rims. trust me.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705 View Post

OEM blacklines are the ONLY way to go.

Go to home depot any buy a 98 cent can of matte black paint and some 400 grit.

drop the car before you get rims. trust me.
Also spacers, and ditch the runcraps.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
daworm
Rep
Drives: Silver 328i e90

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0