E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2006 330i - My 4500rpm dead spot is GONE

12-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
thesandman27
The Sandman
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Talking 2006 330i - My 4500rpm dead spot is GONE

Took my car into Classic BMW in Richardson, TX on Tuesday morning for it's first service (oil change, filter change). I also requested the ability to have my doors locked automatically - which I new would get my car reprogrammed. Just got it back about an hour ago.

I've now tested the old dead spot (right at or just below 4500rpm) in gears 1-4. Check this out - it's GONE!!! No dip in performance, no hesitation whatsoever. :rocks:

I wish I could tell you the exact programming update I got - but I can't make out anything of importance from the work order report. FYI - my car is a 330i 6MT with sport package. The dead spot was the only complaint I've ever had on the car - now I have NO complaints! Good luck everyone!!!!

Jet Black - Burl Walnut - Beige Leather - Steptronic w/ paddle shifters -
Sport Package - Premium Package - Heated Seats - iDrive - 35%/20% tint
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman27
Took my car into Classic BMW in Richardson, TX on Tuesday morning for it's first service (oil change, filter change). I also requested the ability to have my doors locked automatically - which I new would get my car reprogrammed. Just got it back about an hour ago.

I've now tested the old dead spot (right at or just below 4500rpm) in gears 1-4. Check this out - it's GONE!!! No dip in performance, no hesitation whatsoever. :rocks:

I wish I could tell you the exact programming update I got - but I can't make out anything of importance from the work order report. FYI - my car is a 330i 6MT with sport package. The dead spot was the only complaint I've ever had on the car - now I have NO complaints! Good luck everyone!!!!
Did you know that you can program the auto-lock feature your self? The how too is in the manual.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
tctic
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

He probably has a pre-sept 2005 E90 as hinted by "2005 BMW 330i" in his profile. So that program has to be done via the dealer.

Getting the autolock doesn't mean getting a new program for your car though. Maybe you did maybe you didn't. Or is it because of the oil change that made your car feel different.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
thesandman27
The Sandman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctic
He probably has a pre-sept 2005 E90 as hinted by "2005 BMW 330i" in his profile. So that program has to be done via the dealer.

Getting the autolock doesn't mean getting a new program for your car though. Maybe you did maybe you didn't. Or is it because of the oil change that made your car feel different.
It is a 2006 330i that I took delivery of at the end of Sept '05. It had never been into the dealership until now. I DID get a new program for my car - in fact, the service guy said that there were two "recalls" on my car that were fixed by the upgrade. And it crashed during the upgrade, so I'm pretty sure it was a CIP or whatever it's called.

My car has had this hesitation (like many others reported on here) since I took delivery. I want to say I'm the first one on here that's confirmed it's gone away. If it's gone from the oil change, really filter change, then I'll change the filter every month! I don't see how it could just be the filter though - others would have reported similar results.

And yes, my car was so "old" that I did not have the option of the auto-lock from the turn signal control . . .

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

my dealer tried one of the "recall" software updates but the TCU one locked up and they had to order a new TCU. I believe this is the telematics control, so Im not that concerened as I dont use it. The part is on backorder though. I told my dealer to do the CIP software, and they dropped the ball on that and didnt do it even though they had the car for 26 hours.

The CIP flash is the one that takes many hours correct? I hate to go back just to get the funcationality that I should already have had.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
thesandman27
The Sandman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4iscool
The CIP flash is the one that takes many hours correct? I hate to go back just to get the funcationality that I should already have had.
I believe so - they had the oil change done by 11am on Tuesday, and then needed to keep it until at least Wednesday to allow the programming to finish. It crashed, they started over, and it was completed today (Thursday).

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #7
ShinBalNom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 330i

I'm going in next week to have this 'dead spot' checked out.. its pretty annoying.

Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly...

BBS CK 19" / Eibach Pro-Kit / Koni FSD / Blacklines / M-tech
Appreciate 0