E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > White lights

12-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
ck1129
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

White lights

I dont have xenons, dont have angel eyes i have crap halogens, but i wanna make them white. how would i go about this? and can i still put angel eyes? can someone give me a walkthrough of what to do, where to buy them, etc. thanks alot

Coming soon : Black and White BMW roundels, Black out grill.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

please :

a good replacement halogen bulb that gives off brighter lights are sylvania silverstars

you can't have angel eyes like the OEM, but you can probably try Umnitza to see if they've developed an angel eye kit for halogen headlights
      12-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
ck1129
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i dont know what to search for. I dont know what you call them other then bright white lights lol

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
you can just replace the bulb. I'm pretty sure its a H7 bulb. You can go to any car store and pick up a sylvania or other good brand bulb.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
stormdragon
Newbie Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

Since, I went through all this a month ago and am a nice guy, I'll save you the searching.

According to most forumers with halogens, one of the best and brightest halogen bulb is the Silvania Silverstar Ultrabright/white and can be found at any Pep Boys or commercial auto store.

Angel eyes for halogen headlamps are non-existent at the moment unless you want to open up your headlamp and glue or burn them on (highly not recommended). Also, EBAY HID conversion kits do not work because theres no room for the wiring. This is probably the reason why I paid ~$1000 to get Euro Non-adaptive xenons and did the retrofit mod. [do if interested]

There's a minus of having an annoying error that pops up every time you start the car (for about 10 secs "5 secs, my ass") or when the car detects that the headlights need to go on (darklit tunnels, etc.). In the end, xenons are definitely worth it IMO and so are those angel eyes, so I would save up.

You can get rid of the error, for another ~$500, but youd lose function of your high beams. If you are a true baller, you can get everything to work, put have to put out some serious $$$$.

PM me if you have any other questions or try searching. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
bmviz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdragon
Since, I went through all this a month ago and am a nice guy, I'll save you the searching.

According to most forumers with halogens, one of the best and brightest halogen bulb is the Silvania Silverstar Ultrabright/white and can be found at any Pep Boys or commercial auto store.

Angel eyes for halogen headlamps are non-existent at the moment unless you want to open up your headlamp and glue or burn them on (highly not recommended). Also, EBAY HID conversion kits do not work because theres no room for the wiring. This is probably the reason why I paid ~$1000 to get Euro Non-adaptive xenons and did the retrofit mod. [do if interested]

There's a minus of having an annoying error that pops up every time you start the car (for about 10 secs "5 secs, my ass") or when the car detects that the headlights need to go on (darklit tunnels, etc.). In the end, xenons are definitely worth it IMO and so are those angel eyes, so I would save up.

You can get rid of the error, for another ~$500, but youd lose function of your high beams. If you are a true baller, you can get everything to work, put have to put out some serious $$$$.

PM me if you have any other questions or try searching. Good luck.
Thanks - nice summary.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
ck1129
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, so since im practically a moron when it comes to these things, I found that there is so many different ones, all at different watts i assume. Which ones do I get, and would they work for fogs aswell?

Appreciate 0