E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > More XEDE Questions

12-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
vanillarice19
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

More XEDE Questions

Calvin/Shiv,

Have a couple more questions that I don't think anybody's asked yet....

1.) Is there a warranty for the product agaist manufacturing defects? If we can't troubleshoot the issues with phone support and it was determined a manufacturing issue with it, can we return the product to be repaired or replaced for free?

2.) Another question is what would happen to the car if there if the XEDE was running fine and one day just dies while driving or one morning.....
Will the car all in a sudden feel "stock" again?
Will the car even start or will it be unsafe for the engine and you recomend pulling over and removing the XEDE right away?

Might want to post the answers on the FAQ thread....

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillarice19
Calvin/Shiv,

Have a couple more questions that I don't think anybody's asked yet....

1.) Is there a warranty for the product agaist manufacturing defects? If we can't troubleshoot the issues with phone support and it was determined a manufacturing issue with it, can we return the product to be repaired or replaced for free?

2.) Another question is what would happen to the car if there if the XEDE was running fine and one day just dies while driving or one morning.....
Will the car all in a sudden feel "stock" again?
Will the car even start or will it be unsafe for the engine and you recomend pulling over and removing the XEDE right away?

Might want to post the answers on the FAQ thread....

Thanks
Howdy,

If there is any hardware problem with the Xede, it will be covered under warranty. We will ship out a replacement Xede as soon as we get back the original Xede and inspect it. However, I test every single Xede on my car before it is ever packed up so the likelihood of such a problem is very slim. If a failure occurs in the field due to user error (shorting it out, dropping it in a bucket of water, being chewed on by a family pet, etc,.) we will repair or replace it at the user's expense. Rarely will basic repair cost more than $200-300. Replacement is obviously more expensive.

And to answer your second question, if for some reason, the Xede were to become nonfunctional while the car is being driven, it will go into a "bypass" mode in which all the intercepted signals will pass through the Xede with no alternation. In fact, you can even install an Xede and forget to provide its ground or 12v power (so it never turns on) and the car will still run as it would normally.

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Good questions
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
sunchild