E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Hello!

05-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
kal_bmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hello!

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself, this is my first time posting in the Mid Atlantic Forum.

Have a situation and would like to here from some local experience in order to get the best advice. I currently own 2007 335i coupe.( still under warranty) I purchased a used jb3 2.0 from a fellow post member about 2 weeks ago. I attempted to install it but it was a complete failure. My car threw like 6 different codes when I attempted to fire it up. I unplugged and plugged everything to double check my install but no luck.

- I ended up taking it completely off and had half engine light on : ( my car is currently at BMW getting fixed so thats the good news.

- I am getting my car back soon but am very reluctant to try this install again specially now that I have an injen intake and rsd charge pipe/ hks bov to install also.

- So my question : is there anybody local that I can take my jb3 to know if it works and also going to need some help installing my intake/bov.

thanks for all suggestions/input,

Karlos
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Welcome, Karlos. Did you buy a BT Scanner (Bavarian Tech)? Those scanners can let you know exactly what the codes are. With that, it is much easier to diagnose what the problems are.
      05-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
I believe there are some instructions on the juice box web site for an intake install. Its not Injen but they are good instructions for getting the stock intake out. Sometimes we have local meets and people help each other do installs of things like you mentioned.

I would also advise if you are going to keep the car for a few years or more to get the bavarian technique tool for reading/clearing codes, condition based service indicators, sending commands, etc. The enthusiast version is all you would need. In addition, the Bentley Manual is $82 with shipping from Amazon and is well worth it. There are pictures and torque specs for just about everything you need to do.

There is a good set of pictures of someone installing a chargepipe with BOV on this site.

Juice Box instruction page: http://burgertuning.com/support.html
Bavarian Technique order page: http://www.bavariantechnic.com/buy.aspx
Amazon Bentley Manual page: http://www.amazon.com/BMW-E90-E91-Se...4536691&sr=8-1
BOV/Chargepipe Review with install pics: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261083
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
kal_bmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thanks for the tips, and yes I am definately going to invest in a bavarian technique tool ASAP. Huy pm'ed me so I am going to try to meet up with him as soon as I get my car back for the dealership. CANT WAIT TO INSTALL MY MODS...

thanks again for the help guys
Appreciate 0