E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Where to go for tuning installations?

08-29-2005, 01:25 AM   #1
drednik
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Where to go for tuning installations?

This may be a blatantly obvious question to most, but the answer truly eludes me. I'm interested in getting some tuning done on my E90. Perhaps ACS, Hartge, or Breyton. I've heard of CEC as the North American distributor for these European tuners. Do I order the parts online and have them installed locally, or is there an official CEC shop? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 07:21 AM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Which "tuning" parts are you referring to? If it's aero/body kit type of stuff, you can have a local bodyshop fit, paint and install it for you.

If it's more mechanical parts (exhaust, headers), find a local performance tuning shop that works on BMW's and have them install it (although exhaust is usually a pretty straight forward install that any muffler shop can install).

If it's wheels, then you can probably buy the wheels with tires already mounted so that you can put the wheels onto the car yourself as soon as you receive them.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 10:21 AM   #3
drednik
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

I was hoping to get a complete package. Haven't decided yet though. The reason I asked was that it seemed people in Europe actually sent their M5 to Hartge factory for tuning. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
JRMillion
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

CEC is the official importer, but other places get parts from CEC and resell them. CEC only charges MSRP for their parts direct to the consumer, so you can get it cheaper if you find a retailer that bought the stuff from CEC at wholesale.
Appreciate 0