E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > What do you think of FoamMaster II?

05-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

What do you think of FoamMaster II?

Hey guys. With two little ones, I just don't have the time to spend hours to detail my car like I used to. Don't get me wrong, I would never bring her to an automatic wash. So, I was looking for a solution to keep my car clean, but not have to spend too much time.

So, I am considering purchasing this: http://www.detailedimage.com/DI-Pack...medium=organic

Do you guys think that's a good idea? Right now, I am using a hose connected with a "cheapy" soap dispenser from Target. It works okay, but just wondering if this would clean the car even better. Thanks.

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

A foam gun connected to a standard garden hose might save you a little time. Don't expect the really thick lather seen in some details posted by Phil, Dom, and some of the other regulars here without using power washer and foam cannon.

The gun could cut down on your wash time, but how effective/safe it is depends on your environment. If you typically wash in full/partial sun, foaming the entire car could lead to soap drying quickly. You will still need to rinse the car regularly, which means detaching/reattaching the gun unless you have two hoses. I've gone back and forth on this, but haven't yet been able to convince myself the gun will save me time or add anything to my process. Then again, some people think it's fun and that's all the convincing they need.

There's no right or wrong answer though. Have you considered ONR? Once you get a process down with that, a full wash should only take 30 minutes or so. If you decide to go with the gun, you might want to order some extra Maxi Suds too - the gun uses a good amount of soap. It's on sale for a tremendous price right now from DI (50% off), and you might even want to consider the gallon.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

Thanks for the insight Jopa. I'll have to re-think this a little more.

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
shoes
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BSM E92 335i

I do like the idea of pre-soaking the car before I actually touch it. In theory it should loosen up the dirt so you don't have to scrub too much into your paint - and with my black car, the less scrubbing the better. Whether this actually works or helps minimize swirls or not, I'm not sure - but the idea behind it gives me peace of mind.

As an owner of one, I would say you could live without it, but it does make washing a little more "fun" and your neighbors will look at you funny.