BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

05-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C30

Buyer Beware **********S

Everything you need to know is currently going down in this thread.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...340363&page=10

my post from that thread lays out the details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post

I bought my wheels as part of this group buy back in January just like all of the rest of you. I did not know about this forum at the time. I was excited about putting these Forgestar rims on my C30. My car will be the first C30 with Forgestars. Very few aftermarket suppliers make products for my car so, I was happy to find wheels that look unique. Kevin told me I would have my wheels in 4-6 weeks. I then asked, what if things went wrong? What is the absolute longest it could take? Kevin said 8 weeks. This sounded acceptable to me.

In March, I was concerned about not hearing anything from **********s about my wheels and sent them an email. I was told my wheels would be delivered in 5-6 weeks. This was not good. I had things planned and paid for involving my car but, what can you do? After 5-6 weeks, I was again concerned that I had heard nothing about my wheels. I emailed **********s again to inquire about them. I was told my wheels would be here in yet another 5-6 weeks. I again had planned and paid for things involving my car with new wheels on it and would have to lose my money and miss out. I was pretty angry and emailed Kevin my concerns. Like many others who have complained, I was now apparently on **********s ignore list. That final email has never been responded too even to this posting.

Fast forward to yesterday and 2 different BMW friends of mine who I've shared my wheel troubles with told me about this forum and the refund post by Kevin. While I was dissappointed that I wouldn't get my unique forgestar wheels, at least I could get my funds back, carry on with some much less unique equipment, and stop destroying my winter tires. I called and requested my funds back. I figured it wouldn't be a problem since Kevin posted it. He also posted that our wheels wouldn't be in production until at least next week. So, I felt it was a win win for everyone. On the phone, I was treated poorly. I was denied my refund. I was tranferred to multiple people, I was put on hold multiple times. I was told I could only have 50% of my money back and **********s considered my wheels "custom" as soon as the generic, uncut, undrilled, unmodified blanks were put on a boat in China. I explained my position to multiple persons, referenced the plain facts and details posted by Kevin on this site, and was still denied.

**********s will not return your money once they have it, for any reason. It has nothing to do with being stuck with custom wheels. It has everything to do with greed at their customers expense. I was told by Kevins manager that he would only cancel the order with forgestar if I spent the money on something else from **********s. He would not return money. Unfortunately **********s does not carry any products for my car except coilovers that I already have or another custom wheel order. This time with HRE for $5K-$6K I'd imagine.

So there you have it, my experience with the complete lack of customer service at **********s.
My post was refering to this post in the same thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
Guessed,

You've always had an option of a refund, give us a call!

Kevin************.com
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Wow.....that blows. If you used a credit card you should be able to do a charge back. Companies hate eating those.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Hmmm, when I ordered my Forgestars I had to sign a note that said these are considered custom (made to order) and I would not receive any type of refund. It really sucks that it took so long and the customer service didn't treat you right but I knew from the beginning that would not be able to get a refund.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

I was told by Kevin the contract was to protect **********s from getting stuck with custom wheels that were difficult to sell. Our wheels were several months late AND not even in production yet so, no one would be left holding wheels.

I did not call to get my money back until Kevin specifically stated that was an option as quoted above.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

05-04-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post
Kevin, You were my original salesperson when I called. You were cheerful, helpful, and enthusiastic. I usually despise sales people but, I liked you straight away. You seemed almost as excited to see the wheels on my car as I was. In my heart, despite all that has happened, I trust my 1st judgement of you was correct. I believe your statement above is the gods honest truth. I hope the guidelines constraining you will change one day. I believe you will be happier when they do.

For now, as all deadlines have passed for me, all I can do is wait. Slap the wheels on my car when they arrive, send you a snapshot, and hope that if we ever do meet again it will end as well as it began.

Please keep me as updated on my wheels as you can.
Thank you

Kevin************.com
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update:

Day 110...Still NO Wheels.

No Word from **********s. No Shipping Date in sight.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
bluemoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

OMG, what a horror story. It's reasonable to expect some contact from a vendor to let you know they're still in business and haven't forgotten about you or your order. It can be sooooo frustrating hearing zip on a delivery date especially when you've already paid for the merchandise.

Well, another one crossed off my vendors list for aftermarket parts. Thanks for the heads up post. I hope all works out okay for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Did Modbargins tell you up front that there will be no refund on "custom" wheel and x% re-stock charge on return item? If they did, then I don't see how you can blame them not giving you full refund.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
You are not the first person to have this happen with **********s. You're only real hope is to talk directly to Forgestar.
      05-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still No Wheels. Still No Shipping Date.

Paid in full January 2010....1/10

Earliest I could possibly recieve them now?

June 2010....6/10

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
Did Modbargins tell you up front that there will be no refund on "custom" wheel and x% re-stock charge on return item? If they did, then I don't see how you can blame them not giving you full refund.
He can blame them because they haven't held up their end of the "bargain". If they delivered his wheels in the time they had quoted, then hell yeah, he shouldn't get anything back. But it sounds like they've had his money for 5 months now, and no wheels... when is enough enough?

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

This is bordering on theft at this point.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #13
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
...you should have received your wheels by the very latest March.
Welcome to June.

No Wheels.

No Ship date.

No response from **********s to this thread. As posted by someone earlier, avoid and ignore is in full effect.

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

WELCOME TO JUNE,

In my experience working at **********s your wonderful posts and remarks have been very enjoyable. You've done a great job handling this situation and I just wanted to say thank you for making everything so easy for me.

Because of your patience and understanding your wheels are just about ready to be shipped if you choose to believe me. I did not respond to any previous posts because I'm simply tired of all this. You are the only person who is continuing this harassment. Now because of how well you've handled this situation **********s, the company you love to hate has powdercoated your wheels at NO COST that is usually an additional 400.00 charge. The latest news I received from Forgestar is that your wheels were sent out to get powdercoated on 5/17 and should be arriving any minute now. Hmm....maybe a phone call and you would have received a quicker answer. Again, I stopped replying to your posts because they were really just irritating and we could have accomplished much more over the phone instead of you posting this on 4 different forum threads. But then again E-Mail's or PM's would have been best because you would have just gotten over the phone and just cursed at us repeatedly and not allow us to speak. Enjoy your 1748.00 set of Forgestar F14's that you got for 1098.00 and sorry again that it took this long to deliver it. But again thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kevin************.com
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #15
Dangerlucas
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Oh snap!
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #16
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
WELCOME TO JUNE,

In my experience working at **********s your wonderful posts and remarks have been very enjoyable. You've done a great job handling this situation and I just wanted to say thank you for making everything so easy for me.

Because of your patience and understanding your wheels are just about ready to be shipped if you choose to believe me. I did not respond to any previous posts because I'm simply tired of all this. You are the only person who is continuing this harassment. Now because of how well you've handled this situation **********s, the company you love to hate has powdercoated your wheels at NO COST that is usually an additional 400.00 charge. The latest news I received from Forgestar is that your wheels were sent out to get powdercoated on 5/17 and should be arriving any minute now. Hmm....maybe a phone call and you would have received a quicker answer. Again, I stopped replying to your posts because they were really just irritating and we could have accomplished much more over the phone instead of you posting this on 4 different forum threads. But then again E-Mail's or PM's would have been best because you would have just gotten over the phone and just cursed at us repeatedly and not allow us to speak. Enjoy your 1748.00 set of Forgestar F14's that you got for 1098.00 and sorry again that it took this long to deliver it. But again thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kevin************.com

You've got a lot of damn nerve to make a post like that after having this guy's money for 6 months. YOU should have been making the phone calls to let him know what's going on, not the other way around.

You pretend like you're doing him a favor, when you're probably passing off a set of wheels that someone finally got sick of waiting on.

I swear, some of the stuff venders post here simply astounds me.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #17
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

There have been NO agreements to modify the finish on my wheels. They have been ordered from the very beginning of this group buy with a gunmetal finish. The very first post in this GB thread makes it very clear that Matte Black, Gunmetal, etc. etc. are NO COST options. My wheels will be gunmetal colored and flawless to my order specifications or they will be returned.

Harassment? if the Truth about you and the company you work for is Harassment then so be it. You have been given every opportunity to make this situation right and you have failed to do so. You are the reason I am here. You stated that our already long overdue wheels were not yet in production and to give you a call for a refund. Everything that followed was a direct result of you and your company not living up to that statement.

Welcome to June.

No wheels. No ship date. NO SATISFACTION.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #18
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
I am speechless... wow....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #19
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
WELCOME TO JUNE,

Kevin************.com
This is a bullshit reply if I've ever seen one. What kind of company do you work for? Or what kinda of sales person are you? You should be the one contacting your customer letting him know what's going on... holy shit...

I hope people really read this and take it to what it is. There's no way in hell I would've been this patient.

To the OP,

Take back your money if they're giving you the option.. go somewhere else.. There's allot of nicer wheels out there..

Sorry to hear you've gone through this.
      06-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
MFIZZLENYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10m5

Ive blacklisted **********s myself... After dealing with a 20% return fee on an Item that had a 14 FULL money back guarantee....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
Username135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

If the load ratings for the 18's have not changed, I would take a refund and run...... These wheels are not safe.....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #22
bluemoon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
WELCOME TO JUNE,

Kevin************.com
You would have been better off taking responsibility for this mess instead of posting crap like this. It only hurts **********s reputation more. It's pitiful how some vendors are their own worse enemy.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread