E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Faults for 2FBF DME: Release on Injection

04-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Faults for 2FBF DME: Release on Injection

I took my 4,000 miles 2010 335I to the BMW dealership yesterday because of extremely long cranks and told them I thought it was a sign of HPFP failure. They kept it over night and I got back my service receipt today....

They didn't replace the pump instead they diagnosed the cause of long cranks as "Reprograming: Interrogating Fault Memory in Diagnosing"

Also on bottom of receipt it say "Found faults for 2FBF DME: Release on Injection"

Anyone know what all this means?
      04-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Got to love BMW, I turned the car on and got "SOS Call System Manufacturer" Message so I had to leave the car...

0 for 2 BMW
      04-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Got to love BMW, I turned the car on and got "SOS Call System Manufacturer" Message so I had to leave the car...

0 for 2 BMW
Odds of getting this on a reprogram are about 50/50, as far as I can tell.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

So why don't they check after they reprogram instead of calling me, telling me my car is ready only to discover I have to leave it again...

I got a 3.5L Dodge Charger the first loaner now a got an X3, I don't which is worse they both accelerate and handle like Sherman Tanks

My stealership RARELY gives BMW loaners but shouldn't they do it everytime? It seems like when they run out of crap loaners (avengers, neons etc) they will part with a BMW
      04-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
kingkong954
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Some long cranks have now been solved by this software update.

If issues or faults continue and the HPFP has pressure issues they will replace.
      04-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So why don't they check after they reprogram instead of calling me, telling me my car is ready only to discover I have to leave it again...
They never check all the program settings, in fact for many of them, how could they know what you had it set for?

I know, I know, the SOS thing is different, but they STILL don't check. However, you don't have to take it back -- it's not malfunctioning, it just lost its connection to the database. Call BMW assistance on your cell phone from the car and they will walk it through and get you working again. You don't need to go to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Get a new dealer
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My stealership RARELY gives BMW loaners but shouldn't they do it everytime? It seems like when they run out of crap loaners (avengers, neons etc) they will part with a BMW
They should indeed, but it is up to the dealers. The dealer where I bought my E36 M3 near DC had a policy of BMW loaners only for high-end 5 series and above. 3-series owners got a voucher for the on-site Enterprise rental desk...I usually wound up with a Geo or something like that. However, the CA dealer where I got the 335i always gives a BMW loaner if you bought the car there, and probably 90% of the time even for others. They have a huge loaner fleet, seems like.

However, my favorite re loaners is the independent shop I took my M3 to in Berkeley -- used to get modded cars a lot, an 80's M5 once, etc. Basically, whatever they had in the back lot of the shop at the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
250XFOS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ED10-18-06/335i Monaco\Brown

No Long Crank But Sloppy Shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong954 View Post
Some long cranks have now been solved by this software update.

If issues or faults continue and the HPFP has pressure issues they will replace.
BEWARE Took my 335 because long cranks and they reprogram to 2.37.1 , if you can AVOID this program. It will turn your automatic gearbox into a old honda civic, shifts will be verryyyy soft and delayed, not the sporty shifts you are used to your car. I complained and the dealer says that the new software indeed takes care of the long cranks, but that does not mean your pump will fail. The new program supposedly helps the pump fail less, so I guess this is a patch from BMW to avoid so many fuel pump replacements. I regret taking the car to the dealer, now they say they can not revert back to the old software. I prefer a thousand times a ocassional long crank than the sloppy transmision shifts. Good Luck
      04-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250XFOS View Post
BEWARE Took my 335 because long cranks and they reprogram to 2.37.1 , if you can AVOID this program. It will turn your automatic gearbox into a old honda civic, shifts will be verryyyy soft and delayed, not the sporty shifts you are used to your car. I complained and the dealer says that the new software indeed takes care of the long cranks, but that does not mean your pump will fail. The new program supposedly helps the pump fail less, so I guess this is a patch from BMW to avoid so many fuel pump replacements. I regret taking the car to the dealer, now they say they can not revert back to the old software. I prefer a thousand times a ocassional long crank than the sloppy transmision shifts. Good Luck
I had the HPFP and reprogram done shortly after the new s/w came out, and can't feel any difference at all either in D or DS mode. The car is still as snappy as it was before the replacement and reprogram.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 11:41 PM   #11
The Cleaner
Thats all you need to know.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 , 2016 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns View Post
I had the HPFP and reprogram done shortly after the new s/w came out, and can't feel any difference at all either in D or DS mode. The car is still as snappy as it was before the replacement and reprogram.
+1 new software did nothing different to my trans.
Appreciate 0