E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > price Eu vs Usa and rest

11-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: E90 318I 2007 full

Garage List
Talking price Eu vs Usa and rest

i place my order in 24 octomber......my car will arive in the 50week that is between 11 and 17 december . It is a 318 i whit the next option :
- double spoke 161
- automat aer condition
- navi & tv mode
- sensatec
-heated seats
- interior lights pack
- bi-xenon
- climat passager windous
- alarm
- hi-fi 10 speakers
- and other that i can`t find the translation from romanian to english
i have given 10.500e avans and i`ll pay 700e/month for 4 years.... the car is value at 42.000e it is very much...... i have read some post and for that much money in usa i cand buy a 325 i or a 330 but whit less option ..... i wiss u can share whit me how much cost your cars !! greetings from romania [ europe] and i can`t wait to drive my carrrrrrrrrr
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Garage List
))))))))) yes
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
ski360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Dude, For 42000euro, you could pretty much buy a fully loaded 335i in the states.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #4
HarjotM
Test Pilot :)
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360
Dude, For 42000euro, you could pretty much buy a fully loaded 335i in the states.
and I thought canada was getting ripped off ....wait Canada is STILL getting ripped off :mad:
On the way: Saphire Black 335i / Coral Red leather Interior / Aluminum Trim / 6 Speed paddle shifters / Active Steer / Logic 7 Sound system / Sports Package/Premium Package / Navigation / Comfort Access / Bluetooth & BMW Assist / Factory Alarm / 3M protection full facial hood protection

With Me: '05 325i Silver Grey with black leather, 5spd Tiptronic , sports package and premium package

'98 Civic EX sedan Dark Green, 4spd auto

Departed: '02 Boxster 'S' Silver with Red leather int, 6spd
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
rrandyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjotM
and I thought canada was getting ripped off ....wait Canada is STILL getting ripped off :mad:
What if the US had to pay $60k for the same car? Then would you still say canada is being ripped off?

I *really* dont understand the comparison of prices from one country to the next. Its plain and simple economics: "Supply and Demand". If it were a rip off, people would not buy it and thus the price would go down.

And while we're all venting, nothing is technically a "Rip-off". If you go in the middle of the desert a buy a liter of water for $50, is that a rip off? No, because you were willing to part with your $50 for the water. It doesnt matter if 10 feet away another guy was willing to sell the same amount of water for $8.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandyy
And while we're all venting, nothing is technically a "Rip-off". If you go in the middle of the desert a buy a liter of water for $50, is that a rip off? No, because you were willing to part with your $50 for the water. It doesnt matter if 10 feet away another guy was willing to sell the same amount of water for $8.
Evian or tap?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandyy
What if the US had to pay $60k for the same car? Then would you still say canada is being ripped off?

I *really* dont understand the comparison of prices from one country to the next. Its plain and simple economics: "Supply and Demand". If it were a rip off, people would not buy it and thus the price would go down.

It's very easy for us to take this stance - we live here, but I agree it's market forces that dictates the price and for the US, the market is important enough for most companies to lower overall profit margins in favour of volume sales.

More to the point though is the fact that BMW is a premium brand. No-one is forced to buy one in order to maintain a reasonable standard of living. In that sense, it can never be deemed to be a rip-off. If you have diposable income, and choose to spend it on a premium brand car, then great, but you can't claim to be ripped-off - it's a choice. There are plenty of cheaper cars. If BMW could get away with charging $100k for a 1-series, they'd do it.

It's like saying you're ripped off for paying $400 for a pair of Armani jeans. It's a choice. If you want them, get them, but don't complain about the price. You can get a pair of Wranglers from Wal-Mart for $10 if you NEED jeans.
      11-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
scubajag
Scuba-JAG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2006&07 B.R. E-92

Pricing of cars in Europe is governed more by government tariffs and taxes. These types of vehicles (BMW, Porshe, Ferrari) are considered luxury, and are taxed much the same as the governments tax jewlery (mehrwertsteur in Germany). I don't think that BMW decides one day that it will screw the Canadians and the next day the Romanians. Frankly, if BMW was going screw someone it would be the Americans who have a consumer driven economy.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Garage List
i don`t think that i`m beeing screwd ... i fell like i`m screwd by the government of romania because we have a lot of taxes.....those m f .... i can compare that in 2004 my folks buy a vw passat v6 2.8l 4motion ful option [pic in garage] whit is the same price that i buy the bmw 318i full option ...bmw is way more lux and sport and .. than vw but when you buy a bmw you pay for the car and for the brand !! when you buy a vw you buy a car whiout the brand !! because is less " interesting "than a bimmer !!! the dealer told me that the politic of bmw is that they shouldn`t accord masive discound or do a publiciti when they have discount ...because they want to be above all [ audi merc vw ] so he tould me that the fact that they accord me a 3000e discount is a miraculos fact )))) i hope u understand someting

1 more question :
the dealer told me that the car will arive beetween 11 and 17 december !!! the pick`up is made in the day that the car arive at the dealer ??????? because i know that the car will stay 1 week at the border !! is no reason to another week at the dealer !! greatings!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0