BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Thumbs up A couple positive reviews!

I've been neglectful in giving the great vendors from this community the positive feedback they deserve.

1. N54 Tuning (Mike) - Mike was great to deal with, and answered my questions quickly. I got the products VERY fast! When a new update was available shortly after, he shipped out the update for free just as fast. Great vendor, I'll have to find something else to buy from him!

2. ECS Tuning - I've bought from them a couple times now, and all the parts come quickly and are reasonably priced. The last order I had one item missing, and after I contacted them, they shipped out the new parts no questions asked and had it in 2 days. Great service!

3. EAS - (not to be confused with ECS) I bought my cool carbon pads through them, and it was a great buying experience. I sent some PMs and posted in a thread and all the questions were answered quickly. The product arrived just as they said (Jurrian and Tom), and so far I am loving it!

4. Tischer - I bought from them for a couple different things, and first thing of note is the prices...their prices are excellent! Also, they answered my questions and the items I ordered came packaged to survive a nuclear explosion. For dealership items they are great.

5. Terry at BMS - technically I bought his products through Mike, but due to recent emails its only fair i give credit to Terry. His customer support is unmatched. He gives honest and knowledgeable answers in less than an hour ALL THE TIME! I still can't believe how quickly he responds to concerns that (for me) aren't even JB related half the time. Even if you are on the fence about a tune or the JB, I don't think anyone can match Terry's service levels post sale. Not to mention his products are excellent too! (I guess he wont read this though!)

Apparently I've bought a bunch of stuff lately, and I guess send a lot of emails during the buying process, and all the above met my high standards...they are all good vendors, and hopefully I'll buy some more stuff soon!

Tim
      04-26-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
How are you liking those carbon brake pads? I have installed mine yet, soon thou.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
I probably should have done a proper review, but I'm waiting to put some miles on, and maybe actually use them at track/auto-x to make a better judgement. So far (all street driven) they have been excellent. My OEM pads were incredibly noisy, it was actually embarrassing sometimes, and the CC pads make no noise at all so far. They also don't grab initially like the OEM, which I prefer. It is more linear and predictable. This is great on the street, and should be even better in an auto-x or HPDE. I can't comment yet about the performance improvement unfortunately, and hopefully I'll get to test that along with the new rotors soon!

Tim
      04-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Do they produce any dust, or atleast do they dust up at all like the oems. I mean like I washed my car 2 weeks ago, and when i washed it yesterday they were almost caked with it, least the front ones for sure, the rears arent so bad obviously.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
So far the dust has been very minimal. Its been raining a lot and I haven't really washed the car in a while, but the wheels are noticeably less black. In fact they really aren't dirty at all (from brake dust). The supposedly dust a little more during the initial bedding and breaking in, so I imagine they will get even better and dust almost nothing.

Tim