E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Google Maps via Blackberry ---> BMW --> Success (I think)

04-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
mbhforum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi Sedan

Google Maps via Blackberry ---> BMW --> Success (I think)

Ok guys, I won't know for sure until later, but I believe I got this feature working from a Blackberry. Here's how:

1. You must have a 2009 MYBMW or later (I believe)
2. Go to BB App world and download the Bolt browser
3. After installed, open up Bolt and visit maps.google.com and follow the normal instructions to Send maps to your car located here:

http://maps.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=75505

I won't know for sure this works until I get into my car but It looks like it went through, Bolt does have an iPhone version, so you Iphone users can try and let us know as well. I know it won't work from Safari or BB Browser bc the mobile version of Google Maps loads which doesn't have the Send to option.
2010 Monaco Blue 328xi Sedan - Dark Burl Wood Trim - Dakota Beige Leather - Steptronic - ZVP - ZSP - ZPP - Nav - Sat - PDC - Comfort Access - Heated Steering Wheel and Seats - Mods: 35% Tints - Sylvania Superstar Ultra H7's - Lux 5.0 Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 04:47 AM   #2
mbhforum
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi Sedan

BTW, it worked. Bolt browser is kinda slow though.
2010 Monaco Blue 328xi Sedan - Dark Burl Wood Trim - Dakota Beige Leather - Steptronic - ZVP - ZSP - ZPP - Nav - Sat - PDC - Comfort Access - Heated Steering Wheel and Seats - Mods: 35% Tints - Sylvania Superstar Ultra H7's - Lux 5.0 Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Nice!
      04-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
rkan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe' -Black Sapphire

Been trying this on my Droid browser. Reeeeally slow and it doesnt render the page right. Can get the "send" link pushed but then the options to left to choose to send to car are not visible/reachable. Very frustrating. This is the final link I need to have my ideal phone/car/nav experience. Anyone know of a browser that will do this on Android?
      04-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Try opera for the BB - I think I tried it in the past and it worked.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
BimmerPod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f85 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Try opera for the BB - I think I tried it in the past and it worked.
In "Classic" or "Mobile" view?

I tried "classic" and it doesn't render the page correctly, and in "mobile" I cannot click on the link to hit "send"
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerPod View Post
In "Classic" or "Mobile" view?

I tried "classic" and it doesn't render the page correctly, and in "mobile" I cannot click on the link to hit "send"
Nope, didn't work. I must have been thinking of something else. Bolt does work on my bold 9700 and iphone 3gs.

IMHO the easiest way still is to call up the concierge and have them send it to you. Keep your attention on driving and let them do the work
Appreciate 0