E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Oregon Dealer Experiences

11-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
dickster
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB SLK230; Ferrari 206GT Dino

Oregon Dealer Experiences

I'm new to the forums and about to make the migration from M-B to BMW (I think). I currently drive a '98 M-B SLK230 and my wife's car is an '99 ML430. Both are due for replacement.

I've just about had it with being treated like an inconvenience and with the less than ethical tactics of my M-B dealer. The final act of transgression was for them to sell my wife tires for her ML430 (at a greatly inflated price, no pun intended) when she did not need them yet.

I'm very impressed by the new 335i Coupe. Because of where I live (on Oregon's coast) I don't have any specific dealer in mind. I've had a bad experience with Rasmussen (M-B, several years ago) and Eugene or Salem are a bit closer for me than Portland.

My questions: Which dealer understands the relationship between dealer and customer and will be most 'fair'? Which dealer is most likely to offer the best deal (buy or lease)? Are there specific dealers to avoid and, if so, why? Mind you I'm not looking to have anyone kiss my feet (or elsewhere) and I realize that the dealer must make a profit to stay in business. I just want to be treated as though the dealer appreciates the fact that I chose to do business with them. Of course, I'd like to save a few bucks if I can but that's not nearly as important to me as an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.
Any suggestions, folks?

Thanks for the bandwith...

dickster
Oregon
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #2
Borti
Borti
Rep
Drives: 335i

I know Carrera motors pretty well and Mitch Allee has been nothing but super helpful towards me. I do not think they are too flexible on price, however, and I have heard that Delon BMW is more willing to work with you on price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnt
Drivers over here get their license with MT. Most cars have MT, and all of my friends can drive MT. My chick had an auto once and she sold it in less than a year because she didn't like it. The only replacement to MT for me would be shifters in the steering wheel (ala F1)! Still MT but no clutch.
I don't drink,smoke,eat in my car, ever. And I don't hold the hand of my GF of her thigh or anything else unless there is traffic or stoped in a traffic light. When the car moves, I'm meant to drive it both hands... and god I do it with pleasure

Kudos!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
dickster
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks, Borti, for the response; Bend is quite a stretch for me but I appreciate your thoughts.

dickster
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
tommithy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Delon is definately the best place to go for price from what I hear. After that I'd say Kuni for pricing although I hear they can be a bit snobby. I'm starting to think you are spot on about Rasmussen. My 335 is sitting in their lot right now (delivered on Saturday) and my SA isn't very proactive in getting me the status, letting me know how long PDI will be, etc.
      01-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #5
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

whatever you do don't end up at BMW of Eugene. Their service is a joke, and their salespeople are arrogant, yet they don't know half of the OEM parts that are available for the cars they sell.

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #6
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

If you're still in the market Rasmussen BMW although I'm very biased.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 12:33 AM   #7
wagonmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi Touring

Hi! Great info! Has anyone had success shaking OR dealers from the insistence for asking MSRP for the 328xit? What I've been seeing would be downright amusing if it weren't so pervasive.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #8
E91AWD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2007 328xiT

Thumbs up

I bought a E91 328xi from Kuni. I made inquiries to 11 BMW NW dealers and they met the lowest price I had been offered for a car. I had mixed reponses from dealers in Oregon.

Rasmussen: "we don't have to discount our cars"
Eugene "what do you think is fair ..... not interested in selling for that price, it is not fair to us" (although after I blew him off he called twice the next day and started throwing hard numbers at me that were competitive.
Some of the other dealerships were either late in responding, or did not match the often quoted $1500.00 over invoice that I received from just about every one else. (You know that they are calling other dealerships and pretending to be buyers to see what the going price is.)

On top of that, Kuni had a car that was so close to what I was looking for that I bought it off the lot (I wanted something minimally equipped). When I first saw it it had not even been prep'ed. I was the only one to ever test drive it.

Everyone in the dealership has been very professional, even the parts guy that agreed with me that BMW should have used the 255 hp version of the engine in the 328xi Sport Wagon that they use in the 530xi Sport Wagon. Just for kicks, everytime I'm in the area I stop to sit in one of their $100,000 cars, get a cappicino or coke along with an Italian buiscuit with the chocolate on it. Just not all at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #9
wagonmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi Touring

Hey Badnews! There must be some rulebook on that $1,500 over invoice offer. I gave only one chance for a price offer bid adjustment to any dealer who quickly tossed that number out. A few dealers, Kuni in particular, was willing to keep a more open mind. Bellevue was surprisingly inflexible and Eugene never responded. Not sure who I'm going to go with just yet. If it's not presumptuous, could I ask you what you ended up getting and how much bargained for? I agree on the 255hp engine, but I'm glad that they boosted it a few hp from the 325xi engine!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
E91AWD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2007 328xiT

You might try the BMW dealer in Seattle and Yakima as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #11
993 911
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z3M, F31, G07

We are getting our E93 for MSRP from Rasmussen.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #12
david_lm
Go Ducks!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4Mr

Great experience at BMW of Eugene.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #13
motorheart
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Bend dealership

I would be sure to stay away from Allee at Carrera. I have found him to be very dishonest in my past dealings with him. Eugene isn't far from Bend, or you could try working with someone else from Carrera.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #14
david_lm
Go Ducks!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4Mr

If you do decide to look at BMW of Eugene I worked with Bob Bofferding and he was great. The only thing I didn't like about my experiene there was that the car wasn't detailed as well as I was expecting when I took delivery. Kind of a small thing, but I'm pretty picky.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #15
Ioman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 C4S

Where did you wind up buying from Dickster?
      08-30-2007, 01:04 AM   #16
dickster
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Interestingly enough, I still haven't bought my 335i.

A variety of factors have gotten in the way, not the least of which is a lack of garage space and too many vehicles. We replaced the ML with a new Volvo XC-90 for my wife and the SLK is still my daily driver. I'm thinking of selling the Dino and doing some major house cleaning before I move to the BMW.

I have heard from several people with a variety of suggestions but right now my front runner for a dealer is DeLon in Salem. They come highly recommended not only for their pricing policy but also for their after sale service and general customer relations attitude.

Will keep you all posted but, in the meantime, I'll continue to lurk...

dickster
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #17
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep

Come see us!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #18
Ioman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
Come see us!
Only if you give me good trade-in value! $26-29K is ridiculous.
      08-30-2007, 10:28 PM   #19
Ioman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickster View Post
Interestingly enough, I still haven't bought my 335i.

A variety of factors have gotten in the way, not the least of which is a lack of garage space and too many vehicles. We replaced the ML with a new Volvo XC-90 for my wife and the SLK is still my daily driver. I'm thinking of selling the Dino and doing some major house cleaning before I move to the BMW.

I have heard from several people with a variety of suggestions but right now my front runner for a dealer is DeLon in Salem. They come highly recommended not only for their pricing policy but also for their after sale service and general customer relations attitude.

Will keep you all posted but, in the meantime, I'll continue to lurk...

dickster
I was impressed by how quickly the internet manager at DeLon BMW got back to me. He was VERY competitive on price, and offered decent trade-in on my car (and still recommend I sell it private party which is honest of him).
      08-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #20
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioman View Post
Only if you give me good trade-in value! $26-29K is ridiculous.
I'm not in sales, but who were you working with?

If you're going to sell the car private party anyway then trade in doesn't matter .
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 10:55 PM   #21
Ioman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil View Post
I'm not in sales, but who were you working with?

If you're going to sell the car private party anyway then trade in doesn't matter .
Well I would prefer trade-in, less hassle...
      08-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #22
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep

Understand that.

I'm SURE our sales department can take care of you. Have you talked to someone specific already?
Appreciate 0