BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

03-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

I hate dieting its so complicated!!!!

Ok for the most part the basic concept of the diet and weight loss is simple.
Burn more calories than you intake. Right?

However today I decided to break my water only routine and have a snapple. Well being on the diet I decided to look at the nutrition facts and I saw something that angered me. Why the f*ck would you put the value for 1 serving on the sticker but say there are two servings in the bottle? Its hard enough counting calories the last thing I want to do is turn my beverage into a dam math equation. Is it just me or do some of you acutally drink 8 oz and just stop cuz you only wanted one serving?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep

Trust me we are having a lil p90x contest and Im trying to win a whoping $25 lol. I get what your saying I just wonder why the hell would servings would be done like that. Like I can understand it if you eat hotpockets cuz its two. Idk I guess its still to early and i felt like bitching at something cuz im sooooo hungry haha
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

/\ What he said. Thought this is blatantly wide-known information that practically anything you purchase has 2+ servings in it. Even candy bars have 2 servings, being 1 piece.
      03-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post

However today I decided to break my water only routine and have a snapple. Well being on the diet I decided to look at the nutrition facts and I saw something that angered me. Why the f*ck would you put the value for 1 serving on the sticker but say there are two servings in the bottle? Its hard enough counting calories the last thing I want to do is turn my beverage into a dam math equation. Is it just me or do some of you acutally drink 8 oz and just stop cuz you only wanted one serving?
The other half of my snapple water is in the fridge. I will have it with my lunch tomorrow. Pretty simple and i am not a calorie counter.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post

i feel ya dude...i always have to look closely at the label to see exactly how many servings i'm consuming
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
m44rrt
Rep
Drives: z4

I use a simple app on my iphone called Tap & Track
Over 4 weeks by counting calories (yes its a pain) I lost 16lbs
and I eat chocolate every day (but not much)

My old suits now fit comfortably - thats a great feeling!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

that bottle of snapple antioxidant water is going back in the fridge now a 3rd full. The final sitting i will top the bottle off with water.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
EZ_TUR90
Ez tur90
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M6

All this can been solved with a little crack cocaine.

JK, but a great way to cut all your sugar intake is to make your own tea. The reason why snapple is so great is because its all sugar.
Attached Images

04-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

OP,

If you write down all your shit and make a small plan. Then you wont have anything to worry about.

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I have a problem with the word diet. If you really want to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle look at it as the way you want to live. Don't make it so difficult, lean meats,fish,fruits and veggies. Factor in portion control and be done with it.

Do allow yourself a "desert" once a week.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

/\ True that. Just an overall change in the types of foods you eat (fresh vs packaged, lean meats vs fatty meats, veggies vs chips, crystal light vs soda) and how you cook them (steamed vs microwave, baked vs deep fried) will make a trememndous difference. I changed my deit about 10 months ago and feel much better because of it, and I don't need to count callories. Hell, I even eat things I shouldnt every few days (slice of pie, a cookie) but my overall change in food products allows for that.
      04-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

A good tip is today smaller meals throught the day. This will help shrink your stomach which will allow you to eat less while still feeling full. I used to knock out 3 slices of pizza back in the day and still feel hungry. Now I only need to eat one slice to be satisfied. I've lost 40lbs over the last year while in college. It's really not that hard, you can do it man.

Try attempting to lose weight while you work in a burger king...although working at Bk might actually be helping me diet by knowing what all of that food goes through

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I hate the abuse of the word diet.

Everyone has or is on a diet.

The question is are you eating the right foods and have the proper lifestyle"

If you were not on a diet, you would be dead.

Last edited by chuck92103; 04-02-2010 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Cutting beverages with calories is the easiest thing to do.

Except my beer in the evening, if I exercise. Don't touch it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep

I state I only drink water everyday for every meal, i decided to cheat and got a snapple. I was annoyed by the dam labeling.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #16
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
The other half of my snapple water is in the fridge. I will have it with my lunch tomorrow. Pretty simple and i am not a calorie counter.
Get the diet peach tea Snapple.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:24 AM   #17
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I drink the peach tea crystal light. 5 cal. per serving. If you were to drink the whole 2 liter pitcher it would only be 100 cal. No sugars either. And tastes GREAT.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:40 AM   #18
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
I know how you feel - kinda...I was 360 lbs 6'7''. I lost 130 lbs and am now 230. This was over the course of a year (3 yrs ago). I have some excess skin in the stomach area (obviously) and still have some fat left in my upper thighs and stomach. This is so friggin hard to lose and I have given up once I reached 230. I go to the gym (on and off - depending on time) and try to eat right, but the fact that I am no longer fat doesn't help my case too much. I often neglect the exercise and diet and eat crap...

So I know how you feel about it being difficult - but take it from me (at least the 1st part of the story), perseverance pays off...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #19
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
I drink the peach tea crystal light. 5 cal. per serving. If you were to drink the whole 2 liter pitcher it would only be 100 cal. No sugars either. And tastes GREAT.
Contains a neurotoxin/carcinogen, artificial flavors, and multiple artificial colors. Aspartame is hurting a lot people. I'd reconsider. One of the ingredients that aspartame breaks down into in the body is formaldehyde which is also used to embalm the dead! This should not be in our food supply. It's atrocious.

"CITRIC ACID, INSTANT TEA, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS**, ASPARTAME *, MALTODEXTRIN, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, RED 40 LAKE, RED 40, YELLOW 6 LAKE, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1 LAKE, BLUE 1, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS). **ADDS TRIVIAL AMOUNT OF SUGAR. *PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
I know how you feel - kinda...I was 360 lbs 6'7''. I lost 130 lbs and am now 230. This was over the course of a year (3 yrs ago). I have some excess skin in the stomach area (obviously) and still have some fat left in my upper thighs and stomach. This is so friggin hard to lose and I have given up once I reached 230. I go to the gym (on and off - depending on time) and try to eat right, but the fact that I am no longer fat doesn't help my case too much. I often neglect the exercise and diet and eat crap...

So I know how you feel about it being difficult - but take it from me (at least the 1st part of the story), perseverance pays off...
Excess fat storage at the stomach is related to excessive stress of all kinds. Discover and reduce your stressors. Fat storage at the upper thigh could either be excessive estrogen or poor handling of carbohydrate/insulin in your current diet. Hormone regulation plays a large part in fat loss.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #20
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Contains a neurotoxin/carcinogen, artificial flavors, and multiple artificial colors. Aspartame is hurting a lot people. I'd reconsider. One of the ingredients that aspartame breaks down into in the body is formaldehyde which is also used to embalm the dead! This should not be in our food supply. It's atrocious.

I knew you wouldn't let me down. Got any proof? LEGIT proof of it hurting people?

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #21
Saintor
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
One of the ingredients that aspartame breaks down into in the body is formaldehyde which is also used to embalm the dead! This should not be in our food supply. It's atrocious.
Aspartame is the most studied product ever since 40 years. Oh boys did they try to find something.... they failed. Still FDA recommended.... they even restated it again recently.

*Aspartame is safe.*
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #22
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
I knew you wouldn't let me down. Got any proof? LEGIT proof of it hurting people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Aspartame is the most studied product ever since 40 years. Oh boys did they try to find something.... they failed. Still FDA recommended.... they even restated it again recently.

*Aspartame is safe.*
I was gonna say something, but I thought it would be best to sit back and let someone else...
Appreciate 0