BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
longman655
longman655
England
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 2.5 i auto

leaking all over x3

hello everyone, just aquired a 2004 2.5i x3 61000 miles and i love it. except in the first week its been in the garage for a split header tank and new rear washer pump. have also noticed that behind drivers seat is soaking wet. it doesnt have a sunroof so thats out, could it be something to do with the rear washers not working or door damp proof. header tank and washer done under dealer warranty, i'm going to get them to check the door sills when it goes in. any advice would be magic, i dont wanna take it back to the dealer because me and the wife love the car, but all this after one weeks ownership is a bit much
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
al_macaroni
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X3 3.0si, G35x

There is a possibilty that it might be the vapor barrior on one of the doors.

But, it is most likely the tube that delivers the washer fluid to the rear of the SAV. It is routed through the passenger compartment and some others have experienced similiar problems.

Does the liquid smell like washer fluid? That might be a tip-off.

Good luck
BMW CCA #422951
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
longman655
longman655
England
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 2.5 i auto

thanks for the reply....just had the garage on the phone a leaking gromit from the engine bay behind the washer tank was flooding in, washer water would disappear and water would slosh about my footwell..magic. they say they"ve cured it but will do another leak test to confirm. fingers crossed i can have the beast back mid-week. while i"m here does anyone know if anything under the drivers seat can be damaged by water, i think my subs are under there, is there anything else i need to worry about
Appreciate 0