E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 335i - New rotor @ 1400miles.

11-13-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
E92 335i - New rotor @ 1400miles.

I had a similar post in the general forum regarding a squeaky noise issue, but now that I found out what it was, I wanted to post in this section.

At 1,200 miles I noticed a squeaking noise after releasing the brakes once the car had warmed up. Made an appointment and went on a ride with the shop foreman so he could verify the sound.

Turns out they had to replace my rear left rotor, at 1,400 miles, and I wasn't harsh during the break in period.

Here's what the service order said in particular:

"Left rear rotor out of round .008MM. Removed both rear pads, chamfered and relubed pads, sanded the rotor surface. Noise still there. Test drove vehicle. Noise still present. Removed pads and rotors. Resanded and chamfered pads and rotors. Noise still there. Measured runout on left rear rotor. .008M. Replaced left rear rotor / Everything normal. Work time troubleshooting, 3.5 hours."

Wonder what that would have cost me. Also, I was amazed they even had a rotor in stock! Especially after reading some horror stories on this forum about folks having to leave their cars for many weeks while parts are ordered from Germany. I took it in at 10:00 A.M., went for a drive with the shop foreman to verify the noise, left the car expecting not to hear from them until Monday. But at 6:00 I got the call that my car was ready. And it's a very busy dealership in North Hollywood, CA.

Other than this issue, I'm exceedingly happy with the car.