BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

03-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
exssive
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 M6

DIY - Intake Plenum Removal for E92 M3

Are there any other DIY for the plenum removal for the M3 besides the one on this forum or at another website. I want to clean my throttlle bodies. Thanks.

08 Space Gray E92, 6MT, Premium, Tech, Fox Red, Style 220M wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Don't touch the 2 visible chrome nuts on top of the cover. Plenum is only held by the 8 clamps on each TB. I used a socket with long extensions, rather than a screwdriver. Hardest ones are the 2 at the rear. Obviously remove the airbox first.

After I did it, decided to leave the engine covers off; looks much nicer, and makes it a lot easier next time. You'll have to remove the power steering reservoir to remove the right engine cover, now that I remember. Nothing complicated. I didn't read any instructions. Once the clamps are loose, you'll have to do some tugging to dislodge the TBs. It's pretty tricky to remove without removing the strut braces, but I was able to do it. Oh, and you'll have to remove the left valve cover vent, but that will be self evident if you forget. Good luck. And sorry for lack of precise instructions; did it a while back.

Here's a pic of my engine without covers (and blue paint/stickers/hanger removed):

And TBs exposed:
Appreciate 0