E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Poor Boys World Wheel Sealant, coating question

03-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Poor Boys World Wheel Sealant, coating question

I cleaned my summer rims today in preparation to get them back on next week sometime. I used the P21s wheel gel and cleaned them well, then I went to work on the sealant.

I put the first coat on and then waited ~5 mins to dry and then wiped clean with a microfiber cloth. Waited ~5 mins and repeated and did this for 3 total coats.

My question is, did I wait long enough between coats or should I put another coat on tomorrow and then another the next day? I think I waited long enough..they are SHINY and looking good and are slick when passing a towel along them. Hoping the stuff works well for keeping these things clean! Brake dust FTL...lol
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

That's about all it takes for PB Wheel Wax, it's a quick process. You did fine.

Don't expect miracles with brake dust, though it does make routine cleanup easier.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

That's about the time I let it set during my semi-annual wheel-off cleanings. During the rest of the year it's so much easier to clean up.

But if you got nothing better to do, . . .
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I love Poorboys Wheel Sealant. I just use 2 coats of it twice a year. It should eliminate brake dust by 50%. I swear by this stuff!
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
That's about the time I let it set during my semi-annual wheel-off cleanings. During the rest of the year it's so much easier to clean up.

But if you got nothing better to do, . . .
Its nice weather and takes 5 minutes....I'll do one more coat.....LOL

Besides, I need something to do during halftime of the NCAA games.

Thanks for the feedback guys...cant wait to get these rims on although Im glad I waited a few extra days...possible 6-12" of snow coming tomorrow but that should all be melted by Monday-Tuesday.
Appreciate 0