E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Trusted Dealerships

11-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
Angeleyes
Canada
Rep
Drives: none

Wink Trusted Dealerships

Hey Guys;

Okay, I am ready to make the plunge here and finally get my New Baby...07/328i Coupe w/all the goodies (Tan Lth, Sport & Prem, Actv. Steering, 6spd.).
Now....here's the big Question guys...Where should I go in the Lower Mainland ?
I've been to Park Shore and found them helpful as well as respectful (being female, thats a big thing). I am pre-approved and will finance through my bank. Not interested in leasing.
Has anyone used an Auto-Broker ? If so, how was it ?
As always, thanks for any info. you can send my way guys.
As well...having trouble on my color choice...Dark Blue or Black ? Any suggestions.
Thanks Boys
Angeleyes.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
rs1985
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW325i MB ML500

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Brian Jessel BMW

Canada's Game!! Vancouver's Canucks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
Angeleyes
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1985
Brian Jessel BMW
Really ?????? I remember reading in pre. posts that a lot of people were not very happy with the service they received from Brian Jessel....and something about being put off by his nick-name (B-Jessel) being " The BMW King."
I am not diss'in your suggestion, just asking if that's the same dealership ? I could be wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Angeleyes.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

I got my e92 328i from park shore, highly recommended, great customer service
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
martieg
Texas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i Black Sph PP/SP/NV/MTk

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
More than the dealership, it really boils down to who you deal with in the dealership. It makes a huge difference, and that also applies to the service.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
eagle1
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i (in 1wk)

I recently got my e90 328i from Parkshore. I thought they were courteous and professional. Certainly more willing to discount than BJ - contrary to what I was told. Overall, I'm happy with the Parkshore experience, and would recommend them to others. Hope it's helpful!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #7
oel
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' E90 335i, 13' E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 335i  [0.00]
Bought mine from The BMW Store, they were pretty good also.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1
I recently got my e90 328i from Parkshore. I thought they were courteous and professional. Certainly more willing to discount than BJ - contrary to what I was told. Overall, I'm happy with the Parkshore experience, and would recommend them to others. Hope it's helpful!
+1, i got great prices from parkshore (ie better than BJ)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2006, 07:47 AM   #9
Darklighter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 328i Sparkling Graphite

I ordered mine from Parkshore as well. It was a pleasant experience dealing with the people there compared to BJ and Autowest.

The only problem you will run into is you will be waiting a while for an ordered car unless you're willing to take one of their un-sold incoming orders (especially the coupe). This is probably the same situation with the other dealers. However, I see that you're going for prem package so that should make it easier as it seems like every dealer I visited has ordered their cars with prem package.

Just FYI, I ordered my car around last week of Sept and my CA's latest update says it'll be here mid-Jan. It's a 328 coupe with step, moonroof, sport package.

As far as which colour; dark blue or black ... SG.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #10
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

black or SG ftw for coupe.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #11
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklighter
I ordered mine from Parkshore as well. It was a pleasant experience dealing with the people there compared to BJ and Autowest.

The only problem you will run into is you will be waiting a while for an ordered car unless you're willing to take one of their un-sold incoming orders (especially the coupe). This is probably the same situation with the other dealers. However, I see that you're going for prem package so that should make it easier as it seems like every dealer I visited has ordered their cars with prem package.

Just FYI, I ordered my car around last week of Sept and my CA's latest update says it'll be here mid-Jan. It's a 328 coupe with step, moonroof, sport package.

As far as which colour; dark blue or black ... SG.
Hey Darklighter, was the moonroof an option? Didn't see that when I was ordering my car in Aug, maybe it was added?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #12
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

I have friend that work in BJ....
if you are interested, I can hook anyone up
let me know. I can promise great deal
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #13
wnston1127
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

dont go to brian jessel, i ordered my 328xi there while my friend ordered a 328i from park shore. and because of the strike, both of our cars didnt come at the first intial expected arrival date of early-mid october. Brian Jessel however took no effort in telling me about this situation, whereas park shore called my friend up to tell hima bout the strike and how theyre awfully sorry he won't get the car and how they hope it wont be too big of a problem etc etc and how they'll do whtever they can to get him his car asap. brian jessel however, didnt contact me or say anything, until i called them up end of october out of frustration demanding a answer to why my car hadnt arrived yet, the salesmen gave me a half assed explanation about the strike and promised me i'd get it in 1 to 2 weeks and that he'd call me about the status of car during. its been 2 and a half weeks now, no call, no explanation, no car.
i noe the strike isnt their fault but still, never buying from there again:mad:
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #14
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnston1127
dont go to brian jessel, i ordered my 328xi there while my friend ordered a 328i from park shore. and because of the strike, both of our cars didnt come at the first intial expected arrival date of early-mid october. Brian Jessel however took no effort in telling me about this situation, whereas park shore called my friend up to tell hima bout the strike and how theyre awfully sorry he won't get the car and how they hope it wont be too big of a problem etc etc and how they'll do whtever they can to get him his car asap. brian jessel however, didnt contact me or say anything, until i called them up end of october out of frustration demanding a answer to why my car hadnt arrived yet, the salesmen gave me a half assed explanation about the strike and promised me i'd get it in 1 to 2 weeks and that he'd call me about the status of car during. its been 2 and a half weeks now, no call, no explanation, no car.

Totally know how you feel man I ordered mine from Autowest and i'm having the same experience too, finding out when i called them and whenever they say they'll call me for information about updates on my car I always end up calling them...very disappointing
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 03:46 AM   #15
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnston1127
mind if i know who is this dealer is?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 03:53 AM   #16
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc19
Totally know how you feel man I ordered mine from Autowest and i'm having the same experience too, finding out when i called them and whenever they say they'll call me for information about updates on my car I always end up calling them...very disappointing
autowest is the worse place to purchase ur BIIMMER!!!
they will never talk to u or serve you , even though they got nothing to do.the worse experience with autowest is,
a dealer told me to wait at the show room in autowest bmw*about to purchase the E60 530i*, but that dealer never show up again*waitted for 10 mins* untill i saw him talking to another woman*staff* and drinking his coffee.
and i was like...ok....wtf....and went to brian jessel
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 05:13 AM   #17
Darklighter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 328i Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc19
Hey Darklighter, was the moonroof an option? Didn't see that when I was ordering my car in Aug, maybe it was added?
The 335 gets it standard while it can be ordered with the prem package or separately on the 328.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #18
Angeleyes
Canada
Rep

Thanks Soooooo Much !!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.....Thanks so very much for all the great advice guys !!!!!!
I am now so excited about getting my new car.
Again....I can't thank you enough for the help.
I'll be sure to post pics of the "new baby" as soon as I get !!!!!!!!!

Best Wishes to All;
Angeleyes.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #19
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

you are in surrey...
i am in surrey too
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 02:13 AM   #20
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion
I have friend that work in BJ....
if you are interested, I can hook anyone up
let me know. I can promise great deal
How much discount could you get at BJ BMW? I'm thinking about ordering there. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 06:45 AM   #21
charlie335
Shiodome Redeveloper
Canada
Rep
Drives: lawllercoaster

got my 335 from autowest in the richmond automall. ask for a guy named hun kang, he was by far the nicest and easiest sales associate i've ever worked with.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #22
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ThreeThreeFive

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Go with Parkshore...

You can search early threads (June-July 2005) on this exact topic for those of us that were early adopters to the E90. Concensus was that Parkshore is generally considered to be the best all around dealership experience.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the name of my SA. He has been with Parkshore for 10+ years and will be as up front as you'll ever get. That, and if you do your homework, and go in with honesty and professionalism; you'll also get a great deal on a fantastic car.

As an aside, there have been plenty of posts about people getting deals through friends or hook-ups at other BMW dealerships, yet,.. none of them were close to the 5 minutes of negotiation it took to get my final price. FWIW.

Good luck, and go with the blue,.. trust me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes
Hey Guys;

Okay, I am ready to make the plunge here and finally get my New Baby...07/328i Coupe w/all the goodies (Tan Lth, Sport & Prem, Actv. Steering, 6spd.).
Now....here's the big Question guys...Where should I go in the Lower Mainland ?
I've been to Park Shore and found them helpful as well as respectful (being female, thats a big thing). I am pre-approved and will finance through my bank. Not interested in leasing.
Has anyone used an Auto-Broker ? If so, how was it ?
As always, thanks for any info. you can send my way guys.
As well...having trouble on my color choice...Dark Blue or Black ? Any suggestions.
Thanks Boys
Angeleyes.