E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Help... How do I remove this part from the door?

03-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Help... How do I remove this part from the door?

As the subject reads, I need guidance on how to remove this strip from the interior of the door. I'm already aware this piece emits a soft light underneath. I'm considering painting it then I will reinstall.

However, I cannot tell if it's glued down or if its similar to other trim that can be pulled off.

BTW, I searched and found nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Dan
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
I was under the impression that it was screwed in from the back of the door panel.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

I'd like to know too. I looked it up in the Bently manual but it doesn't show how to remove that part specifically.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
I335
Brigadier General
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
I335
Brigadier General
Rep

Bump - someone's got to know this...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
Mike@F1 Autohaüs
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ❤

Most likely you'll have to remove it by taking apart the doors. It maybe held on by plastic rivets
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #8
I335
Brigadier General
Rep

Anyone have a pick of the back of the door panel that shows this?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
._.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

stare at it real hard, it will fall off in fear.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 01:38 AM   #10
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Used babblefish to translate this from another forum. May help.

1- To disassemble the decorative ribbon of the coating, to use a flat screwdriver to be making pressure towards outside and desencastrar the ribbon of clips, I advise to you to protect the end of the screwdriver with a fine cloth to avoid bordered. To begin by the front side of the door like in the photo. Patience because a little costs but leaves without problems clips are very resistant. We continue by all the ribbon until having it everything disassembled.

2- To disassemble the cover of the gunner of the door: To use the protected screwdriver to loosen the staples again. To begin by down.

3- With a screwdriver Torx T20 to loosen the 4 screws, one goes just in maneta and three behind the lodging of the decorative ribbon.

4- With the screwdriver we began to desgrapar the coating of the door by the zone of the photo following downwards until loosen all the panel. Hill a little but the staples are very good again, are not broken. It is that it is a Bemeta we do not forget jejejje to it. This is an image of the disassembled panel so that veais where it is each staple and hagais pressure in the necessary zone.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4...montado7ny.jpg

5- Once loose the panel is necessary to disconnect the connections that are three:
A) Connector of elevalunas, throwing downwards of housing leaves without problems. In the photo that there is next he is the one of down.
B) Cable of connection of the loudspeaker, I what I did was to both cut directly with scissors by the zone of the connector cables. This connector is not worth for the loudspeaker that pongais new. The series loudspeaker takes a condenser that does not make lack for anything in the new loudspeaker, leaves along with the loudspeaker. In the photo it is the cable of above.

C) To loosen the rip cord of the door, to make make it handle in the paper clip of fixation with a once loose screwdriver and throw backwards and upwards, leaves with facility. In the photos it is possible to be seen very clearly. Vista of the disassembled cable

6- We already can remove the panel from the door. We change the loudspeaker of series by the new one. In order to determine it as they do not coincidian the anchorages I used washers to increase a little the base and to thus apovechar two of the original asparagi. For the other two anchorages of the loudspeaker I used screws for wood with washers I directly fixed and them to the panel. Very important the position of the terminals of connection of the loudspeaker must be towards where they are the cables, are very short, the other way around would not arrive.

7- Engastar in the cables of the door that go to the loudspeaker the 2 terminals of connection, in this case faston small and one great one. I welded to the connections of the loudspeaker directly although the cable is short and costs a little. I advise the terminals to you. You respect the polarity of cables when connecting to the loudspeaker, the one that takes afranja red as it is logical is +.

8-Verify that the loudspeaker is listened to correctly. To verify that each staple takes its rubber washer. To present/display the panel and to connect the first cable of the opening of the door being done it to tilt and to enter its lodging, to connect the loudspeaker and elevalunas, to approximate already the panel to the door beginning by the part of above and being grapando again pressing with the hand. To verify that the closing works elevalunas well and by all means the loudspeaker, would lack but. Necklace the 4 screws torx. To mount the cover of the gunner of the door and the decorative ribbon being made pressure with the hands, the fists also are worth but without going jejejje. Ready, finalized door, the other door is equal but with 3 screws torx instead of 4 since there is maneta no to throw. I in the door of the conductor did not get to loosen the connector of elevalunas closes etc, I made the change without loosen it, if somebody holds the panel to you will cost to you less, but than nothing not to stretch too much of the cable.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #11
I335
Brigadier General
Rep

Thank you very much! Although I have to say, I think I'll need a thesaurus when I come back to re-read it! Are you just making up all those words or is that how you actually talk?

Edit: In looking at the pics again, that door panel doesn't have the strip we're talking about. We want to know how to remove the decorative light strip that's near the top portion of the door as circled in the very first post. Do you have any info on that specifically? Thanks again for the great effort though! I'm assuming your wording was due to some sort of a google translation perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #12
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
I don't know how to remove the strip the OP is talking about but just some useful info...when removing the cable for the door handle, remove it from the door (metal) itself. I don't remember the exact sequence but it is alot easier than prying it off the handle (panel) itself. I think you just push up and pull out toward you. It is hooked in. I broke my window switch when painting my window sill trim matte black and will be removing the door panel again when I get back from spring break. I'll check this out for you guys. I'm not sure my car has the illuminating strip though. I have an '06 e90 330xi.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #13
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
You know what, I just realized I don't have it. This looks like an E92 specific piece. Sorry. But the handle thing I mentioned should still apply. It should be the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #14
I335
Brigadier General
Rep

Good tip - thanks *********! And yes, I think only the e92's have this - with premium pkg (I think it's the premium pkg that gives you this, but not 100% sure...).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Yeah, the funny translation was from using Babblefish.

I did see that this was not the exact same thing we have but it's the ONLY thread I could find with a door panel removed.

Also, I think you're right. That strip emits lighting from underneath. If my memory serves me right, that was part of the Premium package.

I may 'attempt' the removal tomorrow IF I have extra time.

Dan
Appreciate 0