Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 2008 e90 sport - want new wheel/tire set-up

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
serge73
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 2020 M40i

2008 e90 sport - want new wheel/tire set-up

My e90 is black saphire metallic. I am looking to replace wheels/tires set-up and prefer not to have to lower so a couple of questions for all you experts:

1. SIZE: With a sport set-up (currently running 17" RFT), what would be my better fit? 18" or 19" - I do not wish to spend additional in lowering the car so wonder what would look best and PERFORM best with current suspension. Also what is the ideal offset? - dont want to mess with fender rolling, etc... want something that just drops in and works perfectly.
2. WHERE: Thinking of CS7, where is a good place to purchase full set (wheels, tires, TPMS)?
3. COLOR: undecided between hyperblack and Gunmetal - any opinions or pictures of Black Sapphire metallice with these colors out there?

THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
ShowTime12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW M4

1. 19"
2. Contact AluFelgen. I'd get SF-71 though.
3. Hyperblack. There are pictures of black e90's with hyperblack SF-71 in this board.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
serge73
Private
Rep

1. would 19" provide as good performance as 18 or current 17? i.e. handling, rolling, etc... why have I heard that 19" does not offer good performance or is it not true?
2. yep - will look at these also
3. i have seen some pictures now, but hyperblack on some of these looks very light color, it doesnt show the shades of dark i thought it would, wouldnt Ti gunmental have a better/more consistent overall look and finish?

Lastly, does Alufelgen sell directly or just through distributors?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
Norb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Exclamation

19 without lowering will look very strange, go with 18, thats what Im going!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
ShowTime12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW M4

19" on sports suspensions looks alright. If you don't have sports suspension or don't plan on lowering car then 18" might be better. But since you're going for a dark color rim, as opposed to silver, it seems like your going for a somewhat aggressive look so 19" with drop would be best. I don't know if AluFelgen even makes 18" for a SF-71 or CS-7 for that matter. I'm pretty sure AluFelgen sells direct, if not they should be able to get you in contact with a vendor that sells their products.

From what I've seen/read it seems like hyperblack is more of a shinny "chromish" dark shaded look and appearance of color on rim depends on where the light is hitting the rim from.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Alufelgen's Hyperblack is a very close match to OEM shadowchrome used on E39 M5 and E46 M3 rims.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
serge73
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTime12 View Post
19" on sports suspensions looks alright. If you don't have sports suspension or don't plan on lowering car then 18" might be better. But since you're going for a dark color rim, as opposed to silver, it seems like your going for a somewhat aggressive look so 19" with drop would be best. I don't know if AluFelgen even makes 18" for a SF-71 or CS-7 for that matter. I'm pretty sure AluFelgen sells direct, if not they should be able to get you in contact with a vendor that sells their products.

From what I've seen/read it seems like hyperblack is more of a shinny "chromish" dark shaded look and appearance of color on rim depends on where the light is hitting the rim from.
What do you mean 19" on sport suspension looks alright? - I really dont plan to spend additional lowering the car plus this will provide a stiffer ride and I am happy with the current stiffness (i guess)... would 18" have less of a gap?,, how noticeable would it be compared to 19".
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge73 View Post
My e90 is black saphire metallic. I am looking to replace wheels/tires set-up and prefer not to have to lower so a couple of questions for all you experts:

1. SIZE: With a sport set-up (currently running 17" RFT), what would be my better fit? 18" or 19" - I do not wish to spend additional in lowering the car so wonder what would look best and PERFORM best with current suspension. Also what is the ideal offset? - dont want to mess with fender rolling, etc... want something that just drops in and works perfectly.
2. WHERE: Thinking of CS7, where is a good place to purchase full set (wheels, tires, TPMS)?
3. COLOR: undecided between hyperblack and Gunmetal - any opinions or pictures of Black Sapphire metallice with these colors out there?

THANKS!
PM'ed
Appreciate 0