E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > NOW AVAILABLE: BSW Stage 1 Audio Upgrade for E92/E93 3 Series / M3

02-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Micah D. Cranman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Messing over Nutmeg

NOW AVAILABLE: BSW Stage 1 Audio Upgrade for E92/E93 3 Series / M3

MODS: Not sure if it's OK for me as a site sponsor to post this in the Audio / Video forum or not. I'm doing so since I know a lot of the guys have been waiting on this product and would want to know it is in fact shipping and in stock, more info, etc. etc. Also, this is NOT a special -- just an announcement of availability. If it's a problem, please move to the appropriate area of the site.

NOW SHIPPING: The BSW Stage 1 Audio Upgrade for BMW 3 Series / M3 07+ (E92/E93) Coupe/Convertible

It's been a long time coming, but we now have IN STOCK a limited number of these Stage 1 kits. With over 3 years of development time fine-tuning every miniscule detail, results of these speaker upgrade packages are nothing short of spectacular.

Here's what one member had to say about the upgrade:

Quote:
What is so special about these upgraded speakers is how unbelievably clear and distortion free my audio is in my E92. Before, playing music in my car was nothing special, but when you hear the clarity and accuracy of the music from these new speakers, you'll understand how great these really are. The louder you crank up the volume, the more you'll realize that these new speakers mean business because you don't lose any clarity as the volume goes up, they continue to provide high quality sound!!!!

These do require a proper break-in period of around 20 or so hours; I believe that is what Jason stated. They're just like my AKG K701 studio headphones, breaking them in and allowing them to play over time will only make the sound even more "full" and "clean" What I mean by that is that the longer the Tweeters play their tunes, the more you'll hear and feel the bass, lose the slight initial echo and hear everything there is in an artists song. Absolute greatness....

I really am impressed by this BSW Stage 1 and it should definitely be on everyone's list of future upgrades for their E92 Logic7 or HiFi.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349840

(Full disclosure: This customer received a kit at no cost in exchange for access to and use of his vehicle which we needed for development reasons. He was not expecting to receive the kit, only a future amp upgrade, but we surprised him with it. When he was extremely impressed with the upgrade, we requested he post a review of the product).

What is the Stage 1? Designed as a 100% complete, plug and play BMW speaker upgrade kit, our Stage 1 Audio Updgrade provides a simple, easy way to replace your speakers and dramatically improve sound quality without having to change any other components in your BMW -- because our Stage 1 Audio Upgrade is engineered specifically for your exact BMW.

Want to learn more or order?

E92 Coupe: http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...Series-M3-E92/

E93 Convertible: http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...Series-M3-E93/

How does it install?

Watch the video guide:

What makes it unique?

The traditional approach to an audio upgrade in BMWs is take off-the-shelf speakers and amplifiers and modify the the car so they fit. And 20 years ago, that worked just fine when most cars used speakers and wiring configurations that were basically off the shelf.

But in today’s BMWs with advanced electronics and proprietary speaker and audio system designs, unless you’ve got years and years of audio experience and have the right information, it’s incredibly difficult to make off-the-shelf parts fit correctly and sound good because you can’t take the old approach of gutting the entire system -- you have to perfectly match speaker size and shape, connectors, and specifications like speaker impedance and sensitivity. But the parts just don’t exist -- so you end up hacking up your BMW.

And even if you’re well prepared and know what you’re doing, if you’re able to pull it off, it’s going to take a lot of time to make the parts fit and tune the system properly. Very, very few BMW owners have the time or expertise to design and execute this type of upgrade, which means you’re stuck paying a pro and spending an arm and a leg, and you can’t even be sure of the resulting performance. It’s Russian Roulette.

Not only that, but you’ve just permanently modified your beautiful $60,000 BMW. And if you’re in a lease, that’s just not an option. Even if you’re not leasing the car, we think your BMW is just perfect the way it is -- who wants to cut up such a beautiful machine to fit components that weren’t made for the car?

So we looked at all these problems BMW owners face if they’re unhappy with sound quality and want an upgrade, and we asked how we could achieve great sound without permanently modifying the car, changing its appearance, or cutting a single wire. How could we achieve extraordinary sound quality in a package that anyone can afford and that’s so easy to install anyone can do it?

And the answer was something that didn’t exist at the time: a kit to replace every speaker in the car using speakers made from sonically ideal, virtually indestructible materials, optimized acoustically for that EXACT model, designed to fit just like the originals, and matched to the factory electronics so the change would invisible to everyone but the listener. In other words, the answer was creating the speakers BMW *SHOULD* have made from the start.

So that’s exactly what we did. And the result is the Stage 1 Audio Upgrade, a speaker upgrade system that replaces every speaker in your car, dramatically improving overall sound quality, without changing the amplifier, head unit, or any other electrical component in your BMW.

More questions?
Contact us!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Great products, but your prices are unreasonably too high. Just because we drive a BMW doesnt mean we have "Sucker" written on our foreheads...
      02-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Ron1n
Speed Demon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
2021 M5 Competition  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
2009 E93 M3  [10.00]
2010 335d  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
Great products, but your prices are unreasonably too high. Just because we drive a BMW doesnt mean we have "Sucker" written on our foreheads...
And just because you don't understand the small business model doesn't mean you need to belittle or insult them. They're a small shop, and do things in limited quantity. As a result, they're not able to get the bulk prices that larger houses charge, but larger houses don't have products *specifically* designed for YOUR car. They provide a product that nobody else does, and as a result, there's a premium for that. Additionally, the quality they provide in their products is superb, and they stand behind it 100%. Something else you don't generally get from the larger houses. They go out of their way to spend 3 years on designing a sound system for specific cars to ensure the best possible result...also something that no other company can say (including BMW, sadly).

I wouldn't say you have "Sucker" written on your forehead, but there might be something else there.

Nice job on getting this product out into the wild, guys. Can't wait to hear it in someone's E92/E93 locally.

Current: '21 M5C, '15 X6 50i Previous: '18 M550i, '16 550i, '11 335is, '09 E93 M3 DCT, '10 E90 335d, '07 E90 328i

Last edited by Ron1n; 02-22-2010 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
You serious dude? I paid 550 out the door for my stage 1 L7 kit which comes with 11 speakers that are terminated with factory connections, and fit PERFECTLY. I dare you to find me a decent set of speakers for 100 bucks a pair that fits without any modification, and are backed up by a support system as good as BSW's. I have called them before with products not even sold by them (JL stealthbox in my e53) and they were still extremely helpful.

Do I agree with the fact that BSW should proudly display all specs for their speakers? Sure. Did that keep me from trying out this product? Nope, and I love my speakers. They give you a money-back guarantee for a reason. You don't need a spec sheet to tell you what sounds good. The combination of PERFECT fitment and COMPLETE reversibility, in conjunction with the great sound and excellent customer service is unmatched with this product. That is fact.

It baffles me at how people can put down products that really kick ass without even giving them a shot. I am by no means cheap when it comes to car mods, (kwv3's, full mtech, full m3 rear suspension, bmw perf. exhaust, v4). This is pretty much the cheapest mod I have done, and yet it is my favorite mod.

Also, for all you nay-sayers, I have 0 affilliation with BSW. I first found them when looking for a sub for my z3, and this is the first product that I have bought from them. I paid FULL PRICE for this kit, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0