E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Test Drove 335i sedan today, while I got my "extra" free oil change.

10-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Test Drove 335i sedan today, while I got my "extra" free oil change.

Lesee...
Black, Sport, AT (no buttons), PP, CA, yada, yada.

Well, the engine is amazing.

DSC is not tuned well with this much power. Semi-aggressive launches felt like they were fighting DSC all the way to say 45 mph. So, I turned it off (DTC off as well). Now the rear couldn't keep traction and fish-tailed on semi-aggressive launches. Okay, the car can't put the power down at low speed.

It shines as a complete package on the interstate. Cruise at 70 mph. Floor it, look down, your going 100. 115 on the exit ramp. Cool, composed, no problem. Wonderful. A wonderful way to lose one's license.

Other notes, the automatic tranny was the same for me. Delayed sling-shot into every gear. It's short shifted first by a mile. Dealership said MT was useless, b/c you smoke the tires in first every time.

Brakes were suprisingly grabby. Extra chrome trim was ho-hum. Tailpipes are nice.

A great car that can be improved upon. Don't ask me how. Monster tires? What do I know...

Oh, and I got my free oil change at one year. They did not reset the oil mileage countdown. I still get that oil change free too. Cool, I thought they just reset the thing early.

So, it was a great day.

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Stock rubber is trash, imo. Wider, grabbier tires = well, ya.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
billgti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Oh, and I got my free oil change at one year. They did not reset the oil mileage countdown. I still get that oil change free too. Cool, I thought they just reset the thing early.
haha same thing happened to me. brought it in for my annual oil change service and the computer still shows 5000 miles to next oil service after service. the funny thing is that it says on the work order "reset CBS"..i guess it just was never done. can't hurt to get 1 more oil change for free!
Appreciate 0