E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Radar cruise control on a e93 causing problems

02-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
bmw3series2010
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Question Radar cruise control on a e93 causing problems

hello forum

i have the radar cruise control on my e93, which was factory fitted. since i have had the car (july 08) there have been quite a few occasions where the speed would be set and as i am driving on the motorway the car will suddenly start breaking as if to tell me that an obstruction i.e car has suddenly come into your safety zone. whenever this has happened there has been zero cars/obsrtuctions in front of the car so the car for some reason was giving flase readings.

the front lens of the sensor was diagnosed with a fault and replaced but since then it has still happened a couple of times and again there were no obstructions in front of the car.

the reason i am bringing this to the forum is to see if there are any other members who have suffered the same problems as i feel it one day someone is going to go into the back of me when it suddenly breaks hard for no apparent reason.

i have mentioned it to benham but they say that the diagnosis has not brought up any other faults so there is nothing they can do.

any advice much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
There might have been a Black 335d SE in front of you.
      02-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
There might have been a Black 335d SE in front of you.
will could it of been a e91 with terra leather,17's,sports suspension...............

Last edited by mikeysix; 02-03-2010 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: wrong model
Appreciate 0