E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Aussie Bmw Dealerships (black List)

10-28-2006, 04:52 AM   #1
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Aussie Bmw Dealerships (black List)

I have heard many occurrences of poor service, arrogant attitude and rudeness from certain dealers. They have been from this forum and outside this forum. I think it is a help to all Australians that are interested in buying BMW vehicles to know which dealer is not worth stepping into.:mad:

1- Please provide the name of the dealership
2- State what happened.

As most of you may know from the other threads i absolutely hate BMW Artarmon. Who would tell a customer to go to another dealership to see if i can get a better price on a new coupe.:mad: ARROGANT and Greedy.
The sales Rep also said if you do get a better price please tell me so i can send my customers there. I literally laughed at his face. He just lost future BMW Sales for the Alto group

Last edited by Chris.G; 02-14-2007 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2006, 05:46 AM   #2
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

1. Daisy Hill Motorline

2. Problem with the general manager who is also the owner. I guess that makes him more arrogant

What happened
1. He called me silly (then denied it)
2. He said to me he can sell the car to another buyer and make more profit but yet continued to deal.
3. Scrunched up the paper we were dealing on in front of my face.
4. He didnt even offer to shake hands at the end
5. And the asking discount was just below what my friend bought it for in melbourne. So by no means ridiculous.

I guess i will never go there again
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2006, 06:17 AM   #3
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

God some Sales Reps for dealerships are absolute MORONS!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #4
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G
God some Sales Reps for dealerships are absolute MORONS!
Oh the sales rep was alright, just the manager was the rude one coz i guess he was the owner so he is like at the top of the tree or something

So yea absolute MORON agreed!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
alto told me to shove it too... they thought cos of my age that i was not serious about buying a bmw...
      10-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #6
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra
alto told me to shove it too... they thought cos of my age that i was not serious about buying a bmw...
hope they didnt use those exact words

How old are you?

I hate it when dealers are like that , no manners
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2006, 01:19 AM   #7
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
That is stupid! There are heeps of teenagers around my area with Bimmers. Man Alto is really losing its plot when it comes to customers
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2006, 01:27 AM   #8
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
i'm 18... was 17 when i went to look at first, and they were like, uhh no... pretty much told me to come back when i was older, and have money... so i took the money that i apparently did not have to another dealer, and got a better deal...

and no, they did not use those exact words, but were quite rude to me (it was a woman that was dealing with me)
      10-29-2006, 02:19 AM   #9
aem
Why pay more for nothing?
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

Predjudicsm and racism exists everywhere. There is no escaping it.

If the dealers turn you down or show you disrespect, just go to another. It's their lost for not wanting your business really.

But i do see why they act the way they do....it's just how some things are in life unfortunately.
      10-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #10
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
i'm 18... was 17 when i went to look at first, and they were like, uhh no... pretty much told me to come back when i was older, and have money... so i took the money that i apparently did not have to another dealer, and got a better deal...

and no, they did not use those exact words, but were quite rude to me (it was a woman that was dealing with me)

On a brighter note, did you get a 325ci individual at age 17!!! that kicks ass. I could only afford a mountain bike at that stage
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #11
inf3st
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 black 320i

coool another person thats about the same age as me
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #12
aem
Why pay more for nothing?
Australia
Rep
Drives: .

lol, 17, 18 ... the same to me.

One would think at that age ...
      10-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #13
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
yeh it's all the same to you isn't it...
      10-30-2006, 01:05 AM   #14
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Yeah make that three young people. Im 19!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2006, 07:50 PM   #15
Abyss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M Coupe

1/. Doncaster BMW, Melbourne
2/. The sales manager said to us "Have you own a BMW before? 64k driveaway is the best we can do. Anything below that is not what you can get from BMW". It was really bad with the way he talked. We stood up and leave straight away with everyone looked at us. We end up got a deal from another friendly BMW dealer. 61k driveaway + factory sunroof. It is a factory order deal too.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2006, 12:58 AM   #16
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep

Bought a bmw from doncaster 5 years ago when i was still in melb.

The manager come out to try and get another $100 dollars out of us before sealing the deal. He didnt get it.

Thats not black listing but just my experience there.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #17
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring

Alto Hell

You guys are spot on re the Alto dealerships and the arrogant attitude.

Earlier this year we went to buy a $75,000 Land Rover Discovery from Alto Newcastle. Waited 4 months for the car to arrive after signing a contract only to be hit by a price rise which the dealership manager told us came from Land Rover Australia. Turns out he had flat out lied to us about the increase and Land Rover Australia confirmed there was no increase.

End of story he still wanted the increase in price even when caught out! Letter of complaint to CEO of Alto Group Australia and deposit returned only after having to prove we were lied to. No letter of apology just a two line email saying our deposit would be returned and efforts would be made to see the same thing did not happen again.

Last time we ever deal with Alto Group, since then we have heard many more BAD Alto dealership stories.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #18
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky
You guys are spot on re the Alto dealerships and the arrogant attitude.

Earlier this year we went to buy a $75,000 Land Rover Discovery from Alto Newcastle. Waited 4 months for the car to arrive after signing a contract only to be hit by a price rise which the dealership manager told us came from Land Rover Australia. Turns out he had flat out lied to us about the increase and Land Rover Australia confirmed there was no increase.

End of story he still wanted the increase in price even when caught out! Letter of complaint to CEO of Alto Group Australia and deposit returned only after having to prove we were lied to. No letter of apology just a two line email saying our deposit would be returned and efforts would be made to see the same thing did not happen again.

Last time we ever deal with Alto Group, since then we have heard many more BAD Alto dealership stories.
Man,.... that is super bad
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2006, 01:00 AM   #19
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

I guess Alto Group have a big customer service ISSUES. It is very pathetic what they would do for extra dollars.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #20
Costa
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Guys, remember that you are dealing with people who sell cars every day. BMW is a premium brand so the sales people you are talking to are usually tried and tested seasoned professionals. They are trained in negotiation, and there are tactics to deal with every type of customer. Being a younger buyer, they will assume:

1. Someone has given you the money (ie: that you haven't earnt it)
2. You don't know how to negotiate
3. You are desperate to buy.

You need a plan to overcome these obstacles if you care about getting a reasonable discount.

Here's some tips:
1. Don't go into a dealership expecting to buy the car on the same day. The last car I bought, I started looking around and test driving 6 months before I bought. By the time we sat down to talk price, the guy was literally begging me ...
2. Be elusive as possible - don't tell them how much money you have - if they ask, say something like "about the range of a 320d" (or whatever one you are looking for)
3. Do your homework - knowledge == negotiating power. Figure out what you want, how much it will cost and how much you are prepared to pay for it before you walk into the dealership. There are a lot of hidden exras and options and you don't want to be deciding about these while negotiating the price.
4. When you start negotiating, ask for at least 15% of the list price. Sounds stupid, but they make at least this much profit on the list price, and if you think about it, it's stupic to throw away money needlessly.
5. Be cool, don't be desperate. Let them start the negotiation. Go in for a test drive and wait for them to call you. If you don't think you can negotiate, get someone you trust (family) to do it for you.
6. Remember that the list price is just a starting point for negotiation - it is not what you are required to pay. Buying cars is all about negotiation. Car salesmen negotiate every day. Unless you have a plan, they will take you for as much as they can - it's their job.
7. Don't get emotional about the way they treat you - they do this to unsettle you and that is the first stage of negotiation. If you get angry or intimidated they'll win. Be wary of the fact that some dealerships are owned by the same companies and one tactic is for one of them to "piss you off" so that you "gladly go to the one down the road" and buy one just because they treat you better.

Be cool and good luck.
      11-11-2006, 12:58 AM   #21
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the advice Costa, it is important for those out there that are interested in buying BMW's to know how to approach dealers.

I know for a fact That the Alto group doesn't own any other BMW dealerships.
The problem i had with ALTO is that i had a plan and the sales rep did'nt give me a chance to start. Read the beginning of thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #22
Husky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring

With my experience with the Alto Group we had concluded negotiation on price 4 months earlier and signed a contract. They then lied to us about a fake price increase to try and get the money back they should have received if they had negotiated succesfully in the first place.

The day after we signed the contract the sales manager said his Alto supervisor had said he should not have sold the vehicle at such a reduced price! So if you go to an Alto dealership even if you do negotiate well they will not stand by their word, they will blackmale you after a 4 month wait to retrieve their profit.

End of the day my experience shows if you deal with Alto Group here in Australia the culture dictates they will screw you in the end unless your negotiation ends up with you buying the car they want you to buy at the price they want to sell.

We found Worthington BMW to be a reputable and honest dealership if your looking around the Sydney area. As a result they now have our money and we have the best car we have ever owned
Appreciate 0