E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Easy job to replace faulty (squeaking) brake sensors on 335?

02-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Question Easy job to replace faulty (squeaking) brake sensors on 335?

Like MANY other people, my 335's brake (front passenger, I believe) squeaks and squeals incessantly when I'm moving under 10 mph and not applying the brake. I have been to the dealer THREE times and they continue to fail to fix it, despite me HANDING THEM the service bulletin about the faulty sensors rubbing and causing the noise. It's quite infuriating (both the noise and the dealer's incompetance). I looked online quickly and I think the sensors are only around $30, so at this point I'd like to just say the heck with it and replace them myself.

Is there anything particularly difficult or noteworthy about changing out these sensors? Anything I should be worried or careful about? I've done brakes on a few cars (never a BMW) and have at least average skills in the garage.

I just can't bare to waste yet another day either sitting at the dealer or driving around getting/returning the loaners, just for the SA to say "yeah, we looked, everything is normal...we couldn't hear the noise...we cleaned the brakes." and then have it squeal 5 minutes later.
Appreciate 0