BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

Mporium BMW

01-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
michin
Rep
Drives: Silverstone 2009 M3 Sedan

Alarm Install and Dealer Programming

So I bought the alarm from Tischer. My cars build date is 10/08 and is an 09 M3.

Took it to the dealer to get installed and was called back later in the day asking me if this is an M3 alarm and not for a regular e90 sedan because the siren had some difficulties when coding the alarm and they had to keep it for another day... wtf?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
driverwannabe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

My install took 12 shop hours as they had to re-do it twice. I never did hear why it was failing on the update to the car's computer, but it may be something others have experienced.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Although an '08, mine was a quick install, but when taken to the dealer the programming took around 6 hours.

In the end, it was apparently not because as I was originally told it needed "several" updates, but because the entire system they hook to in Germany had gone down, but apparently doesn't time-out or show any error on our end. My SA actually called bullshit, had them restart it and it took about 30 minutes.

Well, that was the story. They waived the fee though, so good for me! The actual installation took less than 30 minutes, not counting time to order one of the lift pads.
      01-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeair View Post
Although an '08, mine was a quick install, but when taken to the dealer the programming took around 6 hours.

In the end, it was apparently not because as I was originally told it needed "several" updates, but because the entire system they hook to in Germany had gone down, but apparently doesn't time-out or show any error on our end. My SA actually called bullshit, had them restart it and it took about 30 minutes.

Well, that was the story. They waived the fee though, so good for me! The actual installation took less than 30 minutes, not counting time to order one of the lift pads.

I was about to say you guys got robbed real bad. They would give all these BS stories to owners back in the E46 days as well about how the computers are slow and take years to do so they can charge you 5-10 hours for your car to just sit there.

It only took about 30 minutes (less actually) both times
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
dwaynemosley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

I am told that programming is now included in the price of the accessory. I haven't been charged for programming an alarm in a couple of years. So, either my dealer is giving it away because they have a big heart (I doubt it) or other dealers are charging for something that should be included.