E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Tire store in Chi, N or NW suburbs?

10-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
JakeAK
Rep
Drives: 2002 X5

Tire store in Chi, N or NW suburbs?

Can anyone recommend a good tire store and installer in Chicago, North or Northwest suburbs? I am looking especially for a place with Nokians that has good prices. Thank you!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #2
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeAK
Can anyone recommend a good tire store and installer in Chicago, North or Northwest suburbs? I am looking especially for a place with Nokians that has good prices. Thank you!!!

Tire Rack is the place to get tires. Have them installed at a dealer.
      10-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
junior1954
Vader
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M240i xDrive/Estoril Blue

Garage List
I always call the Tire Rack for a price, then call Discount Tire, which has several locations in the Chicagoland area (I go to their Palatine store). Discount Tire's prices are always higher than Tire Rack's at first, but they've never failed to come down to Tire Rack's price or better when you tell them Tire Rack's price. I've bought from Discount Tire for about 15 years-they've they've always done perfect work at a price as good or better than the Tire Rack's and I've never had a tire balance issue. I just bought 4 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 225/45R17's (run flat snow tires), which they installed on my rims. The deal includes road hazard protection and lifetime balancing. They're also local and will do my spring and winter changeovers free for the life of the tires. I paid $880. out the door (I think they knocked $50. off because I'm such a loyal customer). Tire Rack's price-$899.; then you have to pay for installation and semi-annual changeovers. Good service, local and the best price-what more could you ask for?
Appreciate 0