BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

BPM

12-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
dvn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 C63 Coupe

Has anyone in WA done a Euro Delivery?

To make a long story short, my car arrived by truck at the dealership today. My client advisor from BMW of Bellevue called me to say that they need to order plates which will take 3-4 days and that they cannot provide temp plates or release the car until they arrive.

Can any of you confirm that this is indeed a WA state law?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #2
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn View Post
To make a long story short, my car arrived by truck at the dealership today. My client advisor from BMW of Bellevue called me to say that they need to order plates which will take 3-4 days and that they cannot provide temp plates or release the car until they arrive.

Can any of you confirm that this is indeed a WA state law?
First off, let me tell you, I understand your frustration at having to wait to re-take delivery of your car; I have been waiting, wanting one of my own for near-on 12 years now...

That being said, my advice may just be so much hot air... I would try calling your local department of licensing and see what they have to say about the affair. A Google search for 'importing BMW Germany' didn't really yield anything of use.

I wish you luck, and if you have to wait the 3-4 days, once it is over, you will never look back! Just ask Johnny (Lin); he had to wait almost 2 weeks!

Good luck man, I hope you get your car sooner rather than later!

*Post pics of ED or ban!
      12-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

3-4 days? lol. That is not long at all bro. Its super cold outside anyway and in this weather the summer tires will not grip all that well even though it's dry! Good luck in getting it on the road asap. Unfortunately, I barely drive my M3 since getting married; it has only seen around 300 miles of driving since mid August and I go about a week or two without driving it...sad huh...
2022 992 GTS| 7MT | Shark Blue
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
3-4 days? lol. That is not long at all bro. Its super cold outside anyway and in this weather the summer tires will not grip all that well even though it's dry! Good luck in getting it on the road asap. Unfortunately, I barely drive my M3 since getting married; it has only seen around 300 miles of driving since mid August and I go about a week or two without driving it...sad huh...
That is a shame Jay. I will make you a deal... you give me your car, and I will sign my family up with your office for all of our mesiodistal needs*

*I know I could have just said it another way; but look how smart that word made me sound!?
      12-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
That is a shame Jay. I will make you a deal... you give me your car, and I will sign my family up with your office for all of our mesiodistal needs*

*I know I could have just said it another way; but look how smart that word made me sound!?
LOL funny funny. It looks like we will probably be moving out of state soon so you may have to bring your family down South...
2022 992 GTS| 7MT | Shark Blue
Appreciate 0