E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > At last 335i coupe in the flesh

10-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
NickG
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT M/Blue, Jade Grey

At last 335i coupe in the flesh

Finally got to see the new coupe at Alto Artarmon today. They had three - Arctic silver/black, Titanium silver/beige and titanium sliver/black. Man this car is great. Photos don't really do it justice. Proportions appear totally different from sedan - very lithe and more stretched looking than I had imagined. To my eyes it looks more like a junior 6 series than a relative of the E90. Rear seat room is a pleasant surprise too (though access isn't wonderful).

Extended 2 hour test drive arranged for Saturday. Look out Bobbin Head Rd here I come!

It's going to be an interminable wait till I get my Montego Blue/Jade Grey 335i in Late Dec/early Jan!! Only lingering worry is the dreaded run flats. Just hope the latest Bridgestone versions work OK with the 335i's sport suspension and 18" rims. I guess Saturday's drive will reveal all....
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

man you lucky bastard

they let you have the car for 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG
Finally got to see the new coupe at Alto Artarmon today. They had three - Arctic silver/black, Titanium silver/beige and titanium sliver/black. Man this car is great. Photos don't really do it justice. Proportions appear totally different from sedan - very lithe and more stretched looking than I had imagined. To my eyes it looks more like a junior 6 series than a relative of the E90. Rear seat room is a pleasant surprise too (though access isn't wonderful).

Extended 2 hour test drive arranged for Saturday. Look out Bobbin Head Rd here I come!

It's going to be an interminable wait till I get my Montego Blue/Jade Grey 335i in Late Dec/early Jan!! Only lingering worry is the dreaded run flats. Just hope the latest Bridgestone versions work OK with the 335i's sport suspension and 18" rims. I guess Saturday's drive will reveal all....
I was there as well today and the cars did look great. I asked for a quote and for a better price, what the sales rep said was it was impossible:mad: He said if i could get a better price from another dealer i should go and buy from them. I had a chat with bmw city and colcrawford and both said they could do better prices. Ill definatley never go to ALTO BMW Artarmon ever again. They are very selfish. Oh well they just lost future sales.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 02:27 AM   #4
NickG
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G
I was there as well today and the cars did look great. I asked for a quote and for a better price, what the sales rep said was it was impossible:mad: He said if i could get a better price from another dealer i should go and buy from them. I had a chat with bmw city and colcrawford and both said they could do better prices. Ill definatley never go to ALTO BMW Artarmon ever again. They are very selfish. Oh well they just lost future sales.
When I ordered back in August I checked around and there seemed to be zero flexibility on price. Then again maybe I'm just a soft touch . Good luck to you if you can strike a better deal now! Will be interested to hear how you go.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 03:11 AM   #5
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep

my guess is

1. you can always get the price down..

2. except when you are pre ordering (they know you have no patience)

last year when the E90 first come out.. i was surprised my sister got 7x00 off a 320 exe from 68xxx to 61000. never thought that would happen when it first came out. Also didnt really add much options either.. (options increase margin hence more bargainable)
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 05:24 AM   #6
aussie335
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe soon!

the car look fantastic in the flesh.. forget about the brochure, it doesnt do it justice.... good luck with the test drive... mine is ready to be picked up on saturday
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #7
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG
When I ordered back in August I checked around and there seemed to be zero flexibility on price. Then again maybe I'm just a soft touch . Good luck to you if you can strike a better deal now! Will be interested to hear how you go.
Thanks mate, im currently talking to three dealers ill inform you guys about which dealer is the one to choose when it comes to price cutting on new BIMMERS
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #8
NickG
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie335
the car look fantastic in the flesh.. forget about the brochure, it doesnt do it justice.... good luck with the test drive... mine is ready to be picked up on saturday

Roll on the weekend! Are you running the standard 18" rims and run flats? If so will be interested to hear what you think of the ride after you've had a really good chance to check it out on our wonderful Aussie roads...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
jz168
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, black on black

I also attended launch at Doncaster BMW, Doncaster... wow... coral red interior looks fkn awesome... i'm in love. Driving it on Friday
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #10
NickG
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz168
I also attended launch at Doncaster BMW, Doncaster... wow... coral red interior looks fkn awesome... i'm in love. Driving it on Friday
I had a similar red on my old E46 325i. Looks great with Ti Silver or Black exterior, plus aluminium interior trim. I would have gone for it again except fell in love with Montego Blue exterior.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #11
jz168
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, black on black

yer, its a very nice colour indeed. I love my black, but my gf loves the red, and it is sexy... two birds with the one stone mate...
if I order 335, have to be coral red interior

p/ shifter verrryyyy niceeee :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2006, 05:30 AM   #12
9c1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M-Sport

It's just my opinion !

My wife and I also got invited to the Col Crawford coupe launch on the weekend and drove a Space Grey 325i manual.

Not really sure why, but unfortunately I'm not feeling the love with the new E92 coupe.

It looks a bit too feminine for my taste compared with our M sport sedan.

Also, the interior is exactly the same.

Unfortunately I can't see the worth in paying more for a car with two doors that costs more than one with four and still drives exactly the same.

Sorry guys !
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1
My wife and I also got invited to the Col Crawford coupe launch on the weekend and drove a Space Grey 325i manual.

Not really sure why, but unfortunately I'm not feeling the love with the new E92 coupe.

It looks a bit too feminine for my taste compared with our M sport sedan.

Also, the interior is exactly the same.

Unfortunately I can't see the worth in paying more for a car with two doors that costs more than one with four and still drives exactly the same.

Sorry guys !
MAn after the "hype" i thought i would be the only one to say the above. But yea, 9c1, totally agree with you.

the 335 i saw yesterday was sitting next to the 330 M sport black on black with sun roof and 18". that looked so sweet and i guess made the 335 look relatively worse.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
The body kit (just front and rear bumpers) which is available for the 335i is an extra $4,000 AUD! The 335i sedan with body kit may be a better choice (about $10k less than the coupe)....but I'm not sure when it'll hit OZ showrooms.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2006, 08:33 PM   #15
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
335i Sedan arrives in December, priced at $104,000

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0