E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need help ASAP! M-Sport bumper

11-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Exclamation Need help ASAP! M-Sport bumper

Hey guys I tried posting this last night but for some reason I can't find it so I guess it never went thru.

Anyway sorry if this is a question I can find by searching but time is slim so I just need somebody to give me direct answers.

Coming home from work yesterday some douchebag decides to make a left turn down the street from his RIGHT LANE (me being in the left lane of course) so naturally he cuts directly in front of me and I steer and hit the brakes/honk and go right into his driverside door...

So all a$$holez aside, I'm wondering if I order the M-Sport front bumper, will my "stock" front bumper fogs fit on the M?? If so I might as well get the nicer bumper being that it's fully covered...

Thanks for any help and yes I'm ok and so is the idiot in the other $300 car that cut me off...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

are you coupe or sedan?

i have the coupe and the foglights between the oem and msport bumpers are NOT interchangeable.

not sure about the sedan.

*EDIT* just noticed that you have a coupe, so no. you will have to buy the new msport foglights which are oval shaped, not triangular like the oem foglights.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

also, do you know if you have an oil cooler?

if so, make sure you order the correct "cover" (not sure what its actually called) but this is the plastic piece that covers the space next to the foglights. it goes behind the mesh grills in the two lower side openings.

for 328's you need two of the same covers for both sides.

if your 335 has an oil cooler, you will need a different one for the passenger side cover so it doesnt block your oil cooler duct that feeds air to the oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep

finally, when you order the msport front bumper, you will also need new mesh grills since the oem mesh grills will not fit.

you should talk to the folks at tischer, they will tell you exactly what you need for the swap.
Appreciate 0