E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Stevens Creek BMW - Dave Parker - Don't buy from him

10-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
whatcanbrowndo4u?
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i

Angry Stevens Creek BMW - Dave Parker - Don't buy from him

After purchasing my 330i thru Dave Parker at Steven's Creek BMW in June of this year, I am yet to receive my vehicle after returning it for redelivery in Frankfurt on July 21st. Dave has done nothing but pass the blame for the situation, refused to show any interest in getting my vehicle back to me, and has the nerve to say that I am calling too much to inquire about the status of my vehicle. Dave seemed like a straightforward guy during the buying process, but he has shown himself to be unprofessional and uncaring to me and I would like anyone considering purchasing through him to seriously reconsider. I wouldn't wish my current situation on anybody else.

For those of you considering European Delivery or the normal purchase of a BMW, who are in the Bay Area - I would strongly recommend you do not use Steven's Creek or Dave Parker's services - it's not worth the stress and headache.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I'm quite sure Dave is not the reason you don't have your car

pretty impressive to have the car take 10 weeks for transport though, maybe it got messed up on the boat?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #3
whatcanbrowndo4u?
Registered
Rep

While I understand it is not Dave Parker's fault personally for my vehicle's ridiculous delay - he has shown no interest in finding out what is going on, telling me the truth about my car, or proactively getting information from BMWNA - All things I would expect from a salesman who had no qualms about cashing my check!

Until I began making a dig deal of the situation after week 8, he didn't even call me once to inform me of the status of my vehicle or that it had to be repaired and that it would not be arriving when expected. And he continues to be abrasive on the phone when I make my weekly phone call to find out what has been goin on.

On the side - my car apparently has some problems from the plant that was discovered only at the VPC. Luckly I'm not responsible for it any way, so BMW is working to fix it under warranty - but creeping up on week 12, with no straight answers and no car, I find the situation disgusting.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Tell them you want your car or tell them you want your money back.
      10-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
cybermaster
Ruby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 335d

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
I'm quite sure Dave is not the reason you don't have your car

pretty impressive to have the car take 10 weeks for transport though, maybe it got messed up on the boat?
Stop defending Dave Parker, unless you known him very well.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
ward
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermaster
Stop defending Dave Parker, unless you known him very well.

I'll defend anybody, if they're being wrongly blamed for something

this whole thread is slanderous

mister one post
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I dont know Dave that well but he seemed very sincere and nice during our test drive of the 335. Maybe he just wanted to make a sale... who knows...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
I dont know Dave that well but he seemed very sincere and nice during our test drive of the 335. Maybe he just wanted to make a sale... who knows...
Thats why they are called salesmen. j/k
      10-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanbrowndo4u?
After purchasing my 330i thru Dave Parker at Steven's Creek BMW in June of this year, I am yet to receive my vehicle after returning it for redelivery in Frankfurt on July 21st. Dave has done nothing but pass the blame for the situation, refused to show any interest in getting my vehicle back to me, and has the nerve to say that I am calling too much to inquire about the status of my vehicle. Dave seemed like a straightforward guy during the buying process, but he has shown himself to be unprofessional and uncaring to me and I would like anyone considering purchasing through him to seriously reconsider. I wouldn't wish my current situation on anybody else.

For those of you considering European Delivery or the normal purchase of a BMW, who are in the Bay Area - I would strongly recommend you do not use Steven's Creek or Dave Parker's services - it's not worth the stress and headache.

:mad: Fuck Dave and the rest of the Steven Creek dealership ppl. Bunch of rude azz SOB that only treats rich people politely and treat the rest of the lower class with some attitude. I went there to purchase like 5 months ago and have deal with Dave before. They were very rude toward us and not those rich ppl who are interested in 5 + series. Also, the fucking manager communicated with rude attitude toward me and my dad since me and my dad were asking some question like what good car buyer would do. From that point on, we just said fuck it and went to Fremont Auto Mall. I swear, those guys need to get rid of their cocky attitude.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #10
whatcanbrowndo4u?
Registered
Rep

Quote:
I'll defend anybody, if they're being wrongly blamed for something
this whole thread is slanderous
Let me ssay again, I'm not blaming Dave personally for the delay of my vehicle - I understand only the VPC is responsible for that. However, the treatment I received from Dave becuase of this situaiton is unacceptable!

IMO, for example, no dealer should ever tell a client he is calling too much to inquire about the status of his missing car - thats the biggest line of crap ever - he had no problem talking to me when I was deciding to give him a check. This is about informing ppl that the after they had over thier checks, they see a whole different side of this dealer. Only the dealership is responsible for the level of customer service I recieve, and so far, its been awful.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 07:21 AM   #11
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Damn ward you and Dave buddies , but hey like most salespeople they never ever think about the future.. ..and as far as Dave being a jerk he's done his job but ya need to BMW fix it get a new one or get me a loaner.. simple...but damn maybe you guys should really reconsider the Ed if your going to have these types of problems , damn 3 months wow i'd be pisssssssssssssssssed., but hey thats just me:mad:
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #12
ward
Major General
Rep

of course the salesperson doesn't give a darn, he's already been paid for his efforts with the OP. Any extra goodwill and effort he puts towards helping you out will only benefit him the next time you buy a car (if you buy from him, which it sounds like you won't)

There's really no upside for the salesperson to help you, aside from being a nice guy, and if he's got to choose between being a nice guy and making more money on other customers what's he going to pick???

maybe you should change the thread to remove the poor guy's name....

I'm sure the guy wants you to get your car too!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #13
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I don't know Dave or your specific situation well enough to pass judgement, but I will say that it's not unusual for car salespeople to be two-faced. Make no mistake, they're not there to spread goodwill and become your friend, unless that means it helps them sell a car.

Sounds like now that he knows he has the sale clinched, he doesn't want to be pestered.
      10-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #14
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Steven Creek sucks on sale (not only cars, but also parts and accessories) but is better on service while Fremont is opposite.
Don't ever buy anything from them. If I buy my next bmw, Fremont bmw is my choice. However, I'll have my service at Steven Creek.
      10-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #15
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Quote:
It's not Dave's fault, you shouldn't be slandering him on internet forums
ward, its not slander if its true.

His fault or not, Dave has a responsibility towards the OP until the car is redelivered. Maybe the OP was being annoying, but dealing with annoying people comes with the job. If he can't handle it, maybe he isn't cut out to be sales.
I personally am grateful for the info the OP has given us. If I ever do ED, I would not want to go to this guy and be left hanging after I get back from my trip.
      10-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #16
Phila
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretender
If I buy my next bmw, Fremont bmw is my choice. However, I'll have my service at Steven Creek.
but if you don't buy a car from them, i heard you won't get loaner cars while yours is being serviced
      10-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #17
ward
Major General
Rep

fremont is terrible, my friends have had poor service from their service dept

and I really dislike their sales team....
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #18
Jean330xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.L3IchibanM3
:mad: Fuck Dave and the rest of the Steven Creek dealership ppl. Bunch of rude azz SOB that only treats rich people politely and treat the rest of the lower class with some attitude. I went there to purchase like 5 months ago and have deal with Dave before. They were very rude toward us and not those rich ppl who are interested in 5 + series. Also, the fucking manager communicated with rude attitude toward me and my dad since me and my dad were asking some question like what good car buyer would do. From that point on, we just said fuck it and went to Fremont Auto Mall. I swear, those guys need to get rid of their cocky attitude.
Well, based on your post, it would definitely appear that you indeed fit into the "lower class". Your rather poor upbringing is quite evident through your vocabulary, or lack thereof.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #19
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i went to allison bmw (mountain view)... and i had mike borbet as my sales rep... i think he gave me like 1.5 or 2k under invoice or something... i dont remember... but yeah hes a pretty cool guy... but hes hard to get a hold of cause hes always busy.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #20
Pretender
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila
but if you don't buy a car from them, i heard you won't get loaner cars while yours is being serviced
This is 100% untrue. I have had services last 2 times at Steven Creek and both time I got 3 series loaners (e46 coupe and e90).
      10-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #21
Pretender
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
fremont is terrible, my friends have had poor service from their service dept

and I really dislike their sales team....
True for the service. They're worst of all. Salemen? I don't know all of them, but my CA over there was the one giving me all kinds of deals: $800 over invoice for my 330 in May 05, $500 over invoice on ED or $1.5k below MSRP on e92 335 dealer pickup, $800 over invoice for coming e90 335 and MSRP on e92 M3 when it's released...When I had problems with the service dept., I called him, he came over and talked to them about my complaints. At least, he tried to make me happy. Once in awhile, he send me an email to say hi. He offered me a 335 test drive even he knew that I wouldn't buy it. When I came for the test drive on his day off, he actually offer to come in to give me a test drive. Now, what else do you expect from a saleman?
      10-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #22
ward
Major General
Rep

too bad the OP doesn't understand that neither the dealer nor the salesperson are the reason he doesn't have his car.

best case scenario is that they might be able to get him an ETA, but sounds like he's hassled them so much already that they're sick of answering his questions (which doesn't affect when the car gets redelivered anyway)

somebody needs to learn to place blame correctly
Appreciate 0