BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #1
///Mike135i
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: E82 M 135i

135i BMW Performance Exhaust - centre section only

Hi all,

I remember a member on here purchasing the full BMW PP exhaust system and then swapping the centre section out for the original leaving just the PP rear silencer as this was more to his tastes in the noise level department (Apologies I have fogotton your name if you are reading this).

Given that this worked well I am making the assumption that it would be possible to keep the original rear silencer and just swap out the centre section for a little more noise and possibly and extra couple of horsepower. Its not he power that I am looking for but I would like a little more noise and I do actually like the standard rear box.

Is anyone going to burst my bubble and tell me this isn't possible or does anyone have another solution that may fit my requirement?

Thanks all.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
///Mike135i
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: E82 M 135i

I think I may have just found another answer:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=323042&page=2
Mike@N54tuning has posted a video towards the bottom of oage one.

Change the downpipes and leave the rest of the system stock.

Thoughts on this aswell please
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
JBizzle135i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i

Mike,

I have the AR Design catless downpipes, they sound great with the rest of the stock exhaust system, not too different at idle but as soon as you get on it, it sounds great

If you buy them though make sure you ask for the ones that fit the RHD cars, as the O2 sensors are in slightly different places, got mine shipped direct from AR Design without any hassle and fitted myself, although fitting them is a pain lol
M235i Auto: Alpine White / Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminium / High-gloss Black Interior, Driver Comfort / Professional Media / Sun Protection Packages, Harman Kardon Hi-Fi, Enhanced Bluetooth, Lumbar & Heated Seats, Adaptive M Sport Suspension
Appreciate 0