BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

BPM

11-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
BMW CCA starting Portland Chapter?

Just received this email:

BMW CCA Puget Sound Region members,

Below is an e-mail from one of our chapter members seeking to form a new BMW CCA Chapter in Oregon. We are pleased to have you as a member of the Puget Sound Region, but also realize you may prefer a chapter and events more convenient to you.

If you're interested in learning more about a proposed new Oregon Chapter, an informational meeting is scheduled for November 17th in Portland. Contact Brian Cone to RSVP or if you have questions. His contact information is in the e-mail below.

If you're not sure which option is best for you, please know the BMW CCA allows membership in more than one chapter.

Sincerely,

Scott Winn
BMW CCA Puget Sound Region
Membership Coordinator
253-468-2456
twowinns@mac.com
----------------------------------------------
Hello My Friends,

This is a historic time for BMW drivers in Oregon. A new Oregon chapter of the BMW CCA Club is on the way!

I have initiated a plan to start a new Oregon club associated with the BMW Car Club of America (CCA). Our local CCA Club is the Puget Sound Chapter, based in Seattle. An alternative is now available.

As you know from my many years of service to the Portland BMW community, I am committed to providing the best experiences for my friends. Come to an information meeting to discuss what is needed to start a local CCA Club. We need volunteers to fill officer positions, appointed positions, and sign a petition to join the BMW CCA organization (15 current CCA members must sign the petition to allow a new chapter to form) Meet us at:

Information Meeting:
Tuesday, November 17th, 7:00 PM
Round Table Pizza
10070 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland

Round Table Pizza is located on the south side of Barbur Blvd just west of Capital Hwy. Enjoy the buffet dinner until 8:00 PM, and then we will have a meeting in the conference room.

Please RSVP if you will attend, and call me if you have any questions or comments (971) 645-6228. This is a very exciting time for BMW drivers, a great adventure is in our future. I hope to see you at the meeting.

Brian Cone
BMW CCA Club Member
briancone2@comcast.net

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Thanks for posting this, Greg W. I hope to see you and others there Tuesday night.

Greg Anthony
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Portland Chapter BMW CCA

Here is a follow up:

Hello BMW Enthusiasts,

Support is building for establishing a new BMW CCA Chapter in Oregon. I am really amazed at all of the support people have shown towards our efforts. So far we have 42 people coming to the meeting (the conference room will hold 56 people).

Today Steve Johnson, BMW CCA West Coast VP, announced that he will attend the meeting as well! After a short speech, Steve will answer questions about CCA policies, how chapters are organized and run, what is needed to start a new chapter, and anything else that you need to know. This is a big boost in our efforts to set up a new CCA Chapter in Oregon. He will have souvenirs for you to take home as well.

If you have not already notified me, please let me know if you plan to attend the meeting. The location for the meeting is:

Round Table Pizza
10070 SW Barbur Blvd
Portland

503 245-2211

All-you-can-eat buffet dinner is $6.99 and is open until 8:00. Please arrive early to buy dinner.

To locate the restaurant, use the Google Map link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...47566426173527

This is a very exciting time for BMW enthusiasts! Thanks so much for your support now and in the future. I’m looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Brian Cone

BMW CCA Club Member
PDX Mini Club Member
Columbia-Willamette Chapter President-CHMM

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Portland Chapter BMW CCA

And another follow-up:

Hello BMW Enthusiasts,

Lance Richert, BMW CCA Puget Sound Region Board Member, will attend our meeting! Some of you may know Lance as the person who ran the Puget Sound Concours event for many years, or as the current Puget Sound SIG Coordinator (E30 Picnic). However, Lance was also the ACA Puget Sound Club President when they switched over to the CCA in 2000.

Lance will give valuable insight into the effort needed to set up a new CCA Chapter. Along with a speech and question and answer session from Steve Johnson, CCA VP, I think we will have a clear picture about what we will need to do.

Please consider acting as a volunteer to help set up our new Chapter. We will need many people to help in various roles. Descriptions of officer, coordinator, and volunteer responsibilities will be outlined.

This is very exciting news and I’m looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Brian Cone

BMW CCA Club Member
PDX Mini Club Member
Columbia-Willamette Chapter President-CHMM

Appreciate 0