E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Calling techy wizards

11-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Does this really do what is says on the tin....
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...=iphone+cradle

can i play the music files from my iphone, even if i dont have 6fl or idrive? i can control it with the mf steering wheel?

cant be sure if its saying you need the usb audio interafce or the snap in adapter has a usb audio interface

SORRY- link doesnt work this is what it says

Allows common Bluetooth-enabled Nokia, Sony Ericsson and Apple iPhone™ handsets to be connected wirelessly to the vehicle’s systems. A snap-in adapter with USB audio interface allows drivers to make and receive calls using the hands-free kit. MP3 music files stored on the phone can be played through the car’s audio system. Operation is via the iDrive controller, multi-function steering wheel or voice control.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Discussed many times here
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

the delight of searching i have done and its inconclusive for me, i think people are saying providing its lci yes it works, pre lci you need the 6fl???
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetennis View Post
the delight of searching i have done and its inconclusive for me, i think people are saying providing its lci yes it works, pre lci you need the 6fl???
Need 6fl + aux in to listen to music and control using head unit (or idrive) and buttons on steering wheel (plus a BMW 'y' cable)

Need aux in to listen to music with no control except on the iPhone

No music is transmitted to the head unit via bluetooth or the cradle

Telephone is linked by Bluetooth, not the cradle

Cradle only charges. Additional antenna boost is negligible

When the iPhone is in the cradle it cannot be connected to 6fl as the cradle is charging through the dock. Need to remove from the cradle to connect to USB or aux in for music connection

Cradle is worth £20 not the £60 to £100 depending on iPhone model BMW charge. Buy a Monster charger if only charging is needed for £20 ish.

Any other questions.
Appreciate 0