ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
nichu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw m coupe

Chicago RPI or Remus or other....

Hello ALL:
I'm looking for anyone who has the RPI and or the Remus setup for the Z4M. I'd like to listen to them as experience has shown me that whatever I hear on-line is not the same in real life.

Please let me know. I can meet where-ever.....

Thanks,
N~
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Nate2046
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92M

I can't help with the RPI or Remus but I do have a BMS exhaust I'm interested in selling. It's off the car right now but if you wanted to 'try before buy' we could swap it onto your car in less than an hour so you could see if you liked it.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
jonanator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 335i, '06 Z4MC

I just took off my RPI exhaust since it is a touch too loud for me. Well, actually, that's a lie, haha. I love the exhaust and I sometimes forget I even have it on when I am driving alone, I just love the sounds it produces. My gf begs to differ though and really HATES the exhaust haha...

I was going to just keep my exhaust and maybe mount it on again come spring time, but I thought I mind as well sell it. Let me know if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

I tried both last month, and bought the Remus. it's excellent. I tried the RPI first for a whole day and it drove me nuts-- waaay to loud inside the car at freeway speeds. I could not talk to my passenger without shouting, and I could not use the speakerphone at all. I had the RPI removed and installed the Remus. It's got great tone with just a bit more volume vs the stock exhuast. After about an hour of driving the Remus warms up and gets a bit more growl. It's just sweet.

And you're right, it's damn hard to record an exhaust well.

Hope that helps!

RC
Appreciate 0