BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
quaker_31
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Coupe

Garage List
Question Newbie Questions for THE UK owners

Hey guys,

some questions that I know have been answered on this forum. However they are aimed at the american market. These questions are for us UK users.

Please note I am a total noob.
RE : 120d M sport Package

Bluetooth - I did not order it as I had hit my budget at that time. What are the best alternatives? I want the sound to come through my speakers. Who can fit this for me?

Angel Eyes - I did not choose Xenon lights etc - does that mean i would have to buy the angel rings? If so where again could I get this fitted. Rather not do anything by myself.

I live in London however I can drive elsewhere for services.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Harry135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135

Hi quaker_31

Well sorry I can't help directly with your questions, however a nice uk 1 series site is babybmw.net - they could well help there. I'm sure peeps here will know it just struck me some of the questions would be better placed there. As you intimated this is a predominantly US site - albeit a very good one.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Macca916
Private
England
Rep
Drives: X6 XDrive35D

Garage List
BMstyle apparently offer angel eye rings for standard headlamps as reported in this months Total BMW... They can also fit them if your not confident, I assume this requires splitting the glass from the lamp so raises the potential for a right bodge up if it goes pear shaped.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Individual

Macca - sounds interesting!

I have used a Parrot CK3100 in the past with very good results for bluetooth and have discovered that the do a connects2 module to allow the use of the steering wheel controls which is cool IMO!

I have however just read in the bluetooth thread on here that if you have pro h/u and usb then the bluetooth module is already in the car but not coded - going to look into this to see if there's any truth / possibility of this and will report back!

I am expecting my 120d in the next couple of weeks... what colour have you opted for and when do you expect yours?
      09-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #5
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

oh and +1 for www.babybmw.net
      09-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
quaker_31
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
dubdemand! Thanks for your help. I got the Sedonda Red M sport package coupe 120d from Chiswick London. Coming mid november.

I only got the basic radio. Does that mean the Parrot will not work with it?

Also where can I go to get it fitted?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

The Parrot will work with the business h/u with no problems for sure... any pro install company will be able to do this for you and install the connects2 for the wheel controls.

My company will arrange for mine to be fitted and based on seeing where my co-workers have had their screens fitted it will sit on the alu strip centrally under the airvents, DTC, door lock buttons. Some people have hidden the display in the ashtray but I think I'd rather be able to see who's calling to allow me to decide if I want to speak to them or not

Anyways, the most useful thread I have found for this is here!

One of the guys I work with has the Sedona, another has Le Mans Blue and my city team counter part has Graphite Grey... my white one's going to stick out slightly but I like that!

Did you order any options with yours?
      09-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
quaker_31
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
No I only had 3 grand and my 57 plate 3 Series, but I found I rarely had passengers in the rear seats, that the one series was a better option. Part x changed the car, got the 120d M Sport package for a great price, but even that stretched me to the fullest. So no leather, bluetooth, xenon or sat nav. Which is what I would idealy would have wanted.

In my 3 series had the btooth, so was looking for a cost effective route.

I cant believe you have 2 ppl who have the 1 series coupe. I only met one person who had the coupe; a week after i walked into the showroom

He had the whole package, leather seats, paddle shifters, tronic, etc. Awesome! I think after this car - time to save up for a m3.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 04:46 AM   #9
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

[quote=dubdemand;5939792]

I have however just read in the bluetooth thread on here that if you have pro h/u and usb then the bluetooth module is already in the car but not coded - going to look into this to see if there's any truth / possibility of this and will report back!

quote]

Would be really keen to find out more about this as I have the pro h/u and usb, but there was no way I was paying £500+ for BT.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I had a reply from the guy who posted that and it seems he's still looking into it... hopefully it will come to something - need to know soon though as my Coupe will be here in a week