E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > I-drive music collection not loading up?

09-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
I-drive music collection not loading up?

So after 13k+ miles, my music collection in i-drive started to lag more and more...
It used to start up with or before navigation boot up, but now it lags 10~20sec behind the navigation boot up.
And yesterday this thing just never loaded my musics when all other i-drive functions were working.

Anyone having same issue?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
Moriarty30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

Yes. My ipod lag is sooooo slow, and getting slower. It takes about 10-20 seconds to load when the car turns on, and about 7-8 seconds to load the "next" song on a playlist. It drives me nuts. My thought is that it's not iDrive, but the ipod itself that's the underlying cause. I have a HD-based 120GB classic that runs slow even when it's not connected to the car.

Every other week it will fail to load and i either have to unplug & reset it, or take it into the office and charge it overnight.

A while back I submitted a post to see if anyone had used idrive with a flash-based touch ipod AND an HD-based ipod, and whether they noticed any difference. I didn't get any replies.
Appreciate 0