E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > WTF, BT scanner keeps telling me that 'cable is no ready'

09-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

WTF, BT scanner keeps telling me that 'cable is no ready'

WTF does that mean? I have everything plugged in and the car ignition on. Started the BavarianTechnic program, chose the car make and model, then the DME type, and then I get this message saying that the 'cable is not ready'?

It just worked earlier today, I haven't done ANYTHING different as far as plugging the BT scanner in the laptop and start up the BT software........WFT?!?!?!

Can anyone chime in who had the same experience? It's just frustrating the f@#$ outta me cause I want to finish reading the codes when my laptop died on me the first time around.........

Is there a CERTAIN procedure to plug in the BT scanner on either the car or laptop side?

Please help!!

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
mwahlert
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
WTF does that mean? I have everything plugged in and the car ignition on. Started the BavarianTechnic program, chose the car make and model, then the DME type, and then I get this message saying that the 'cable is not ready'?

It just worked earlier today, I haven't done ANYTHING different as far as plugging the BT scanner in the laptop and start up the BT software........WFT?!?!?!

Can anyone chime in who had the same experience? It's just frustrating the f@#$ outta me cause I want to finish reading the codes when my laptop died on me the first time around.........

Is there a CERTAIN procedure to plug in the BT scanner on either the car or laptop side?

Please help!!
i think the procede has something to do with it being on the canbus but i'm not certain..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

I think with the Procede Rev.II CANbus being in any map other than Valet mode, you will get this error. BT Tool and Procede being on Canbus simultaneously is not possible as the interface clashes and only allows one item on it at a time.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
I think with the Procede Rev.II CANbus being in any map other than Valet mode, you will get this error. BT Tool and Procede being on Canbus simultaneously is not possible as the interface clashes and only allows one item on it at a time.
I have rev.I

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

i get that sometimes. reboot the laptop and reconnect to the car. Works for me every time.
      09-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
i get that sometimes. reboot the laptop and reconnect to the car. Works for me every time.
Ok.... So i went through all kinds of headaches recently with the BT thing...

I have a Rev II CANBus.. but for all i know the cause could be partly the latest BT software.. I have no idea..

All i know is it was 'intermittent'..etc..

I finally figured out that no matter what i did with the laptop, no change...

The only way i can connect reliably is to:

Start with car OFF
Turn ignition on BUT DO NOT START CAR !!!!
Plug BT cable into car
With laptop on, plug cable into laptop
Start BT software

it may or may not detect the VIN..etc... doesn't matter if it does or doesn't....

but basically starting with a fresh 'reboot' of the car seems to be the best way...

once i've started the car, i'm out of luck....

good luck !
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

I would reset everything...As long as you are not running the PROcede user software in line with the BT, you should be good to go. I run my BT on my REV II car all the time, I think the issue lies in your laptop and not the car.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Got it working, thanks for all the help guys!!

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0