E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Are all AUDI dealers the same?

09-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
Andrew@DTUK
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 Valencia Orange 1M

Are all AUDI dealers the same?

I know this is the BMW forum, but im sure some of you must of had dealings with Audi Dealers.

From my own experiences, theyre all a bunch of *******...

Before i bought the 335d i popped into 2 dealers in the North East area and was basically ignored, when i did mention that i had between 30 and 40k to spend on a car they still spoke and looked at me like a piece of shi*..

Over the weekend the Mrs has been looking at a new Z4 but also likes the TT's too, so on sunday i sent approximately 15 emails to various dealers expressing an interest in a TT and not one of them has replied or called me, even though theyve read my emails.

A friend of mine popped into Newcastle Audi this sunday too looking at a new Q5, after waiting (being ignored for 20 mins) he walked out in disgust..

Has anyone on here had a similar experience with Audi dealers or have i just picked a bad one?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Yep - very similar here.

My initial choice was an A4 3.0TDI Avant or the 330/5d Touring.

Called Audi, no answer. Called again - no answer and left a message. Three days later I got a call back. They had no useful stock and no useful ways of accessing any.

So called around the UK and found a fairly decent A4 (all were B7 shape - current shape were all silly money) - the dealer sounded like he was selling the very first ipod and didn't really seem to give a stuff.

A few calls to BMW and all but one were very helpful. In fact BMW in Guildford were SO helpful that I felt genuinely guilty when I bought my 335d elsewhere!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #3
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

I have recently ordered a new A4 Avant from Edinburgh Audi as the new family wagon and whilst I emailed (from the Audi UK website) about a demonstrator of the new shape Avant and never got a reply (Not so good), the service I have had since I went into the dealer and with the salesman I have been dealing with has been first class. I would go as far as say it has been a better experience than when I bought my 335i from BMW.

I went to the Audi dealer in Perth to get a comparison (get a bit of competitive tension into the process!) I got excellent service from them too.

Got a very acceptable discount on a new one - I cannot comment further until I get to delivery etc but so far so good.
      09-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
In my experience they are all bad, and once you've owned an Audi and have to have some work done on your car, they're worse than bad.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
ianmandlindaf
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 325d M Sport + DMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
In my experience they are all bad, and once you've owned an Audi and have to have some work done on your car, they're worse than bad.
Your are not wrong there, I bought a A4 18months ago and the service that I have received since then is appalling even up to today's visit to a dealership!

When I was looking to buy a new car a few months ago I had a test drive booked for a A5 at Basingstoke Audi on a Sunday, the salesman did not bother to turn up so I said sod you and bought the e93 instead!

And after my other half was ignored in Southampton Audi today she has gone off the idea of a TTS now so we are off to look at a SLK.

They obviously don't need our business!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #6
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

Bad up here is Glasgow to.
      09-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #7
Oil Burner
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

when i was choosing my car I looked at both the TT and the A5, and had great service from Audi coporate sales, extended 3 day test drive etc. but when I went into the local Audi dealer (and they didn't know I had already test driven the cars) for another look, and to ask some questions they had no interest at all in helping me. So the choice for the E93 became that much easier
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
MOB
Major
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2 LCI

Wayside MK one of the worst dealerships I've ever encountered
      09-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
badwolf340
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Went into Edinburgh Audi today,was greeted by a very nice person,told where to park ,and then totally ignored.,not really the best way to do buisness ,but may have just been a bad day for them.Then went to new dealership at Newbridge (BMW) and have a test drive on sunday
      09-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
AUDI have had this policy for a while now, as not to Be to forward to potential customers.
      09-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Tried to buy an Audi 3 times in 4 years and they failed everytime.

1st time at Taunton Audi. Salesman made me wait 15 minutes whilst he did some paperwork at his desk. Then went outside the showroom to chat to his colleagues for 10 minutes. Came back in and asked what car I wanted to order, Gave me a brochure and promptly walked off. I walked out. Bought a Volvo V50 from a dealer 2 minutes away.

2nd time at Taunton Audi. Met a nice sales guy who said he didn't have an Avant demonstrator but Exeter did. Offered the drive there if I went down, so we booked it up the following morning. Drove down first thing and when I arrived was told the car had already gone out with a customer for the day. Salesman could explain but offered a saloon. Could have driven that in Taunton...... Bought a BMW

3rd time called Audi UK. Tried to get a test drive in an A4 Avant just as they were launching it in June. Told I would have to wait. No call from Audi or a dealer..... Bought another BMW

Clearly they have too many customers to need my business. 3 cars and nearly £100k of turnover lost.

And Clarkson believes its only cocks who drive them
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
I have a contact within Taunton Audi in the Sales Management Team and I'll make sure he reads your story of woe, rsr.......
      09-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #13
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Carrera - that is truly shocking. Maybe SW Audi dealers are the worst?!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #14
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Parklands Audi in Gloucester?

doh! part of Blade Group, so not much of a recommendation. Never been much impressed with their customer service when looking around at stuff, they make BMW's job much easier.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #15
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
i havnt dealt with any audi dealer so dont know what there like, but my wifes uncle had a 06 plate red A4 s line and it looked really nice, anyway i started a thead about him swapping his E91 07 plate for a white E90msport for 7k but he has dealt for a white A4 saloon 2.0d for 5k brand new and said there where very good to deal with, in my mind it is a step backwards in power but it will look a very nice car, but he fancyed a change
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
Went into Edinburgh Audi today,was greeted by a very nice person,told where to park ,and then totally ignored.,not really the best way to do buisness ,but may have just been a bad day for them.Then went to new dealership at Newbridge (BMW) and have a test drive on sunday
Hey Badwolf, I was at the official opening for the new Eastern BMW dealership - it was a good evening actually (apart from the bt where a tray of glasses of red vino landed on the tiles and bits of glass and red wine were splashing/crashing off the side of a £60k 6-series vert - ouch!!!).

I have had good service from that BMW dealership, don't get me wrong, but much better, so far, from Edinburgh Audi. I have decided to sell my toy, the 335i, as I cant justify the expense on a toy for me given that my income has contracted in the current environment. I would rather spend my car budget on a better family car than my wife drives just now and have a cheaper toy.

Audi were fantastic with my wife, who has never test drove anything before (always left it to me!) and were great with the kids when we were in.

Got two test drives of the model we were interested in (A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S Line) and did the deal I wanted to do. I obviously await delivery etc so still time for them to muck it up!!!

Are you thinking of swapping the E90 M3? I thought you were pretty pleased with Phoenix BMW?
      09-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #17
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
they are all a bunch of arrogant tw*ts....

EXCEPT....

Chris from Grimsby Audi...who was recommended by Helen on the forum...

He is a nice guy and will sort you out with a good deal...Unfortunately, my brother was already dealing with the London dealership tw*ts, otherwise I would have gone up north to Grimsby!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #18
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
I have a contact within Taunton Audi in the Sales Management Team and I'll make sure he reads your story of woe, rsr.......
Also visited Bristol and Swindon Audi without much luck either. Couldn't get a salesman to talk to me in Bristol. Was left chatting to a pretty but clueless (on Audi cars) receptionist.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #19
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Tbh, I've learned to make an appointment with these dealers and I include BMW dealers in that equation. My local BMW dealer has left us wandering around the showroom for too long in the past hence I always ring and arrange now. Once they know who you are though the problem no longer exists, but first impressions are crucial imo.

My local Audi dealer has a poor reputation but I recently found the opposite but again had made an appointment guaranteeing their undivided attention. Within two minutes of walking into the showroom, the receptionist asked me if I needed any assistance and would I like a cup of coffee. The salesguy also presented me with some factsheet thing showing how he is supposed to 'perform' whilst dealing with me as a customer.

I appreciate it's not always possible or convenient and sometimes you just want to walk in ad hoc as it were. But totally agree, it's very annoying when they have the audacity to ignore you.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #20
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
Also visited Bristol and Swindon Audi without much luck either. Couldn't get a salesman to talk to me in Bristol. Was left chatting to a pretty but clueless (on Audi cars) receptionist.

Try going in normal clothes next time, and not a tight crotchless gimp suit made of astro turf.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #21
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Slough Audi were always 100%, part of the Sytner group.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #22
zedman
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport 320D,

Sheffield Audi are shite aswell, same as the VW dealer too as it happens, they simply have too many customers to give a toss - still remember the day when i went there to buy an A3 S Line, the salesman said the best he could do is a full tank of petrol - he actually smirked when I told him that was actually Audi policy (at that time anyway). Bought it from Carfile in the end, got dropped off in a transporter and so didnt have to enter a showroom!
Appreciate 0