E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Phoenixville/ King of Prussia ??

09-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Phoenixville/ King of Prussia ??

Hello everyone, well i'm new to this forum, but i'd like to say hi to everyone here, and also wanted to ask a few questions. I went to a dealership today, and test drove the 328i coupe..First off has anyone ever dealt with Devon Hill BMW?? I heard it was a good dealership, but i'm not sure. Also, how are they on dealings? Because i know that i can only get them a few below MSRP, or maybe not even below MSRP.

Any help would be appriciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
NovaBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 325i 6MT

If you really want the car, I highly recommend going to West German in Fort Washington. They are much better in their customer service than Devon Hill. And if you really care for it, tell them not to add the "WG" emblem on the car.
      09-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
Devon Hill will accept offers of $1000 to $1200 over invoice, but perhaps not yet, since we're in the 1st month of coupe sales.

Please post a hello "sign in" message in our Philly thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28188

Last edited by JackMac; 09-18-2006 at 07:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
AcmeExplosives
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx08 View Post
Hello everyone, well i'm new to this forum, but i'd like to say hi to everyone here, and also wanted to ask a few questions. I went to a dealership today, and test drove the 328i coupe..First off has anyone ever dealt with Devon Hill BMW?? I heard it was a good dealership, but i'm not sure. Also, how are they on dealings? Because i know that i can only get them a few below MSRP, or maybe not even below MSRP.

Any help would be appriciated!
Prior to me even owning my first BMW I heard some bad things about Devon Hill but, I tried to keep an open mind. Never-the-less, I have not had good experiences with Devon Hill from a service perspective. I can not speak about their Sales Dept., though. But, just based on my service experiences, I will not buy from them. First, I should say I bought my then new 2001 E46 at Don Rosen in Bala Cynwyd. As of a couple of years ago they are owned by the same group as Devon Hill. So, the purchase that I am currently involved with is at Otto's. I didn't want to deal with that Mainline Motors group at all. I have no complaints about Otto's service. I used to take my E46 there regularly. Before I get into my story about Devon Hill, I would also like to say that I have heard good things about West German in Ft. Washington as well. Sounds like they may be worth a look.

On to Devon Hill -

I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport II's from Tire Rack and asked Devon Hill to mount, balance and do a 4 wheel alignment as I've always had done when changing out tires. I made my appointment with them well in advance and asked for and got the 7AM (or 7:30) appointment that I asked for. I took the day off and figured I'd get that done then go tear up the roads a bit. By 3:30PM I had to call them to see WTF was going on? They told me to come by in an hour and the car would be finished. I went in there and the Service Rep - I forget his name but...I could care less at this point...he said, "Great news! You're car did not need an alignment." I said, Oh really? How did you determine this? (Keep in mind, I specifically asked for one to be performed.) He told me "the mechanic looked at it and said it didn't need one." Hey, I may not be able to tune my own suspension but I sure as hell know that the only way to determine if you need an alignment is to do one. There is no other way. It's not something you can "eyeball". I really felt like the service guy was feeding me a complete line of BS.

Needless to say, after an entire day shot to hell, I was friggen' furious at this joker (Can you tell I'm still steamed just writing about this.) I told him that I wanted this done right now. It was too late in the day...the mechanics were gone. He did say that if I came in first thing in the AM the next day they'd do it right away. I had little choice but to agree and demand that I see the print out of the alignment that indicates before and after tolerances.

I also remember another minor time with them and a crappy attitude I got from their service folks over the phone. My battery indicator light came on. (lt was well known that the early E46s had lousy batteries and would need to be replaced. However, I can't find any BMW Technical Service Bulletin listed on the web or in my old copies of Roundel) Anyway, I had to spend about 10 minutes between two people trying to get them to stop trying to convince me that I was looking at my radiator indicator and that I needed coolant. - total morons.

So, I'll never deal with them again for anything.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Stick with Otto's. I made the switch too.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #6
ToddPhilly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMac View Post
Devon Hill will accept offers of $1000 to $1200 over invoice, but perhaps not yet, since we're in the 1st month of coupe sales.

Please post a hello "sign in" message in our Philly thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28188
Devon Hill would not accept reasonable offers like this from me (even on euro delivery). BMW of Mainline would, and so far I've bought 2 cars from them in 2007.
      10-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
2bmw2
Proficient
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi,step,prem,nav,cw,159

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
At the risk of bashing the devon dealer, they did damage my wheels when changing out tires and they did NOT have my scheduled appointment for state inspection. And they did NOT advise me that my service advisor left. Additionally, they did NOT return my calls to discuss rescheduling the missed appointment.

Since the unacceptable experiences we have taken our two BMWs to the west chester dealer and service was flawless.
      10-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #8
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 i SG, 6MT, CWP, BT, NAVI

I went into Devon Hill, and did not like it at all. When I was walking around, the salesmen were looking at me like "Why is this guy in here?". Perhaps because I was in shorts and t-shirt? Anyway, one guy did come up and say "Are you interested in a car?" I said yes... and he asked me what I was looking for. Eventually (20 -30 mins later) after hearing the sales pitch of why to go with a BMW (like that is an option) how he has sold BMW for 8-10 years or some crap like that, he asked if I wanted to go on a quick test drive. I said yes.

After pulling the car around and we got in, he said, "This is going to have to be quick - I am done in 10 mins." So we went for a (short) drive, and he asked if I wanted the car. He sat down, looked at some numbers, and said "This is the best I can do. If you are interested, give me a call back tomorrow, I have to get out of here now." He shook my hand and left. The price was not that good...

But, since I was interested, I called him in the morning the next day to work on the price. After all, everyone has bad days, and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.....

We set up a meeting time, and I was 5 mins early for it. 5-10-15 20 mins goes by...... and finally he shows up. He says "Oh, you are here? I did not think you would be on time. That is rare these days." So we sit down, and the price he gives me this time is $700 more then before - with the same options. When I called him on this price difference, he said his offer yesterday was lower because he was "In a good mood" that day.

Flabbergasted I expressed how disappointed I was in his behavior, and I left with him literally walking out the door after me.

I then went to another dealership where my salesman bent over backwards for me. After 3-4 visits, and being a pain in the neck (due to my indecisiveness) even arranged for me to go on a test drive on his day off with another sales guy, because he knew I was interested in the same spec car that had just come in as a demo, and he wanted me to be in it to experience what it was like brand new. When I got in it, there were 14 miles on to odometer. After a total of 5 weeks of deciding, every time I came in there he was helpful, polite and friendly. Everything he said, he followed up on, and he arranged for a flawless Performance Center Delivery experience.

Devon Hill in my opinion is
And by the way… my experience took place in November of last year.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
DaveStinsman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Tiburon

I started with Devon Hill and Ottos. I then added a dealer for an internet price. BMW of Turnersville gave me the best price by far. I went back a week later to get a trade in price on my car. First the wife and I really liked our rep at Devon Hill. She told us we can't touch the offer we got from the internet. They didn't really want a trade in either. Ottos would match the price but wouldn't give me crap for my trade. Turnersville gave me $2150 off MSRP and offered $9000 for my trade. I wanted $10000 but with the tax advantage the trade comes to $9540. Close enough if I can't sell it myself. I'm from Delaware County so Turnersville is no further than the other 2 I tried. There is a bridge toll but the gas prices are alot cheaper in Jersey and it's a straight shot once you cross the Walt Whitman Bridge. My suggestion would be to try their internet pricing first then do a visit. Never mention a trade in till you work out a firm price on the car. Good Luck and we'll see you at the Milla Racing get togethers in Kof P.
2008 Montego Blue Sedan- Black leather with alum. trim, Step, Active Steering, Paddles, Comfort Access, Sun Shades, Park Distance Control, Nav, HD Radio, IPod & USB adapter, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveStinsman View Post
Good Luck and we'll see you at the Milla Racing get togethers in Kof P.
Details on the GTG's?

Thanks for the Turnersville tip.
Appreciate 0