BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

EXXEL Distributions

09-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
M_Time
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Two-Day M School (Florida Residents 15% Discount)

I just took the 1 day M School at Greenville SC this past Labor Day weekend.

The event and experience is a total blast if you are a hardcore M fan, from the arrival to the pick up at GSP is exceptional, you wouldn't expect the service and joint venture between the Marriott and the BMW driving school, once you request pick up you will be picked up by a BMW 5 series wagon provided by the Marriott concierge service, they will provide you with your intinerary for the evening which includes a dinner in their highly recommended restaurant the Giatu.
The following morning breakfeast buffet is also available at the Giatu included in the program, the shuttle picks up the group at 8:15AM sharp heading into the BMW plant, upon arrival you are greeted in the front door by the instructor(s) who will then provide details and provide waivers to be signed.

At 9:00AM - 10:00AM you will be given instructions on: understeer, oversteer, braking, Cornering, loading and unloading of the suspension, seating positions,then the fun begins. Groups divided into three colors, All groups rotate betweeen the M6, M5, M3.

The first event M5 Skid Pad.
Run circles with DSC off and ejemplify understeer and oversteer correcting both situations, controled drifts very fun.

The second event M6 Redline acceleration & braking.
This conisted on taking the M6 to 8500 RPM, hard braking with cone indicators, followed by a sharp left turn, trying to get as close as possible to the apex.

The third was back to the M5 (Track Race)
After the first two events the track is joined together to practice both hard acceleration straightaway, cornering and braking in my opinion this was the second best event after the M3

Lunch

The fourth event was with the M3.
Simulated Laguna Seca type hill turns very fun with multiple type turns.

The Fith event was a timed event on the M3.
Consisted on a timed course with hills and good turns this was fun, you get 6 chances to improve your time, the good thing is you get to play with the EDC and M button to setup I shut the AC off to get the most out of my runs.

Best for Last.
The instructors load up the students into the M5's and take you on a hot lap just burning the tires off the car incredible !!!! As they said this is what follows with the 2-Day M School which take you on the new track where you can put all to practice and take the cars up to speeds well over 110 MPH.
Best part of the experience is that your track time is video recorded each time you jump in the cars with a flash drive, you get a BMW orginal video with your full experience and cursing during the tests.

Florida residents have been offered for a limitted time a 15% Discount on the two day event, the class costs $3,295 after discount you are looking at more less $2,800 which includes, a comemorative helmet which costs $500 alone, your to keep, a BMW performance jacket, t-shirt, and one of a kind BMW performance hat.
The driving school is throwing this discount in since they canceled an event in Miami Homestead Speedway. The idea would be to setup a group of SFLA owners to take adavantage of this offer.
If you have procrastinated in the past in taking this course now is the time to do it, if interesed PM me and I will talk to the instructor who offered the package deal, this is not available anywhere else.
Attached Images

Last edited by M_Time; 09-10-2009 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: na
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F82

I just got back from the 2 day a few weeks ago and +1 on being a BLAST! Getting ready to go to the Advanced M school next

Highly recommend to all BMW enthusiasts that want to drive the M cars... HARD!

PS. BMWCCA members also get 15% off.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
asp17
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Comp

Man I gotta do ThiS!!

Post some pics of that Helmet....!