E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Extra Wear and Tear Warranty?

08-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Hershy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda

Extra Wear and Tear Warranty?

I was asked at a dealership today if I wanted this warranty. It was around $1000 and if I got it I would not have to put a security deposit down.

It covers up to $7500 in various types of damamge upon return of a leased vehicle. Coverage includes windshield chips, chips in paint, dents in bodywork, etc... There is a $1200 or around there limit for fixing of each type of problem.

Anyone pruchased this before or have any experience with it one way or another? I am thinking of getting it as my current Mazda will now cost me over $1500 to fix before returning it.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Forget it. All of those added extras for protection/insurance are scams. It's pure profit for the dealer.

I've leased many cars and never had to deal with a problem where I regretted getting those extras. Between all the fineprint, limitations, and up-front costs, you're better off taking the chance and fixing damage should it happen. I also take extremely good care of my cars, and none live in the city.

Dealer wouldn't offer it if they didn't make money.

What kinds of issues does your Mazda have that's going to cost $1500 to repair?

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Hershy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda

over a year ago someone hit my front bumber with something that dug into my bumber (so it is not just a dent) and scratched paint off in other places down to the metal.

Also have 2 scratches on the side from what appear to be keys. Not too deep but deep enough that they can't simply be buffed out.

Appreciate 0