E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > space gray m-sport vs. sapphire black e92

08-18-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

space gray m-sport vs. sapphire black e92

I currently have a black sapphire 328i coupe with black leather and the black gray wood, with premium and sport package. My lease is up halfway through september and I have been looking to get a new car. After visiting audi and taking a look at the a5, I have decided to stick with the 3 series. I love my car, and don't think I can ever drive a non-BMW again. I initially had planned to get my exact same car but with navigation comfort access and a few more goodies...until...i saw the m-sport package. Now I spoke to a ton of dealers and not one can find the exact car I am looking for on their lots, and so they ask me if I would like to order it. I'm not in the mood to wait for months on end just to have the m-sport, or exact color combination. Basically I've narrowed it down to two different cars. The first car is a space gray with black leather and burl walnut m-sport with premium, nav, paddles, comfort, ipod, hd/satellite radio. The second car has the same exact color combo as my current car, but has the navigation, comfort, hd, and satelite radio. I cannot decide at this point and love both cars. I do feel like I need a change and don't want to have the same exact car for six years basically, but feel that it is possible that I will regret going with the gray in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

why dont you just order it right now??? your lease ends halfway through september...so what youll wait 2 weeks, better than over a month! lol

i dunno what to say based on those two choices. i like that you found what you want but its still black...i really like the space gray color, its really nice

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

It depends on how demanding you are with your cars. If youre like me, everything has to be just right then do yourself a favour and order a car exactly how you want it. Two months will pass quickly, but driving a car youre not completely satisfied with is worse IMO.

My advice:
Go with a E90 335i Msport - that way you've also changed more then just a couple of interior bits.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

i agree with them. i was looking for a a space gray/ coral red 335xi in a 6mt. there was one in the country but that dealers was giving us a hard time and it didnt have the M sport package. the more i thought about the M sport package, the more i wanted it. so i just ordered it exactly the way i wanted. it took about 6 weeks. if you order it today, you'll get it at the end of sept/ begining of oct. and im sure that if you order throught the same dealer as your current car, they'll extend the lease for a couple of weeks to hold you over until your new car arrives.
order it. do the M sport. believe me, you wont regret it. keep us posted.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

really appreciate the help. I'm leaning towards jumping on the space gray car. As much as I love black, I feel like I need a change. Also, after looking at some pictures and visiting the dealership again, I saw a space gray m3 and a black m3 right next to each other. Although not the m-package, I figured it give me a decent visualization. The space gray m3 really shows off the aggressive bumper and side skirts while the black m3 makes it difficult to discern it from other three series other than the wheels. With dark tints and maybe an m3 spoiler on the trunk lid, this car could look insane. The only thing holding me up now is the burl walnut on the black interior. I've never been a huge fan of the aluminum in this car, so on my last one I got the black-brown wood (i forgot the exact name). This car has the dark brown wood. Looks great, but I'm not sure if I like it better than the black-brown wood.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

you could always just swap out the trim pieces later if you want

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: RS5

If you order a car you should be able to keep your car til yours arrives. So when you go to pick up your new ordered car, you just turn in your car. Talk to your CA.
      08-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
rooster3.0
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I just traded my black sapp E90 ZSP for a space gray E92 ZMP. I'd say get a car with the M sport. The black headliner alone changes the whole interior. Then between the body kit and steering wheel.....fugetaboutit