E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > what more can the 335i do??

07-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
what more can the 335i do??

How much more tuning can Shiv do to the 335i?? Is their something new he's making? He has pushed the car to the 400 with all the bolt-ons and around 450 with meth. What more can this car do?? Shiv are you making an aftermarket fuel system or a new procede? Isn't your current procede reaching it's limit of 400-450??
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Hyper psi-atic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport, 6MT, AW/CR

Upgraded Turbos.....Then you're knocking on 500whp's door with 104 Octane and Meth Injection.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
beside upgrading the turbos can the car really do more? Is their anything new Shiv is making? because I wanted to buy a procede from him, but I get the feeling he has something new that he is working on.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Just buy a procede. Its upgradeable. Hes definitely not ditching the platform.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
stealth-twntrbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 740xi

yea procede for sure is going to be upgradeable hes already stated the rev ii is here to stay, also the biggest factor for our cars is MECHANICAL!! turbos are too small to make any more power! 370-400 whp is at the max effiency for these turbos we need bigger upgraded turbos. Also an upgraded fuel system but the procede is for sure here to stay shiv has already said that.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 03:00 AM   #6
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Do you really want your 335i to be faster than one that's equipped with PROceed Rev.II, DCI, DP,MP,intercooler,DV? I have seen some people racing/beating M5's, AMG's....that's pretty darn fast already, don't you think?
I only have Vishnu DCI, Forge DV, AA Intercooler, PROceed Rev.II and Bastuck, car feels great and can't really use all that much power on the road on daily basis. I suggest you to get the PROceed, you will love it and feel the hugh difference over stock.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Do you really want your 335i to be faster than one that's equipped with PROceed Rev.II, DCI, DP,MP,intercooler,DV? I have seen some people racing/beating M5's, AMG's....that's pretty darn fast already, don't you think?
I only have Vishnu DCI, Forge DV, AA Intercooler, PROceed Rev.II and Bastuck, car feels great and can't really use all that much power on the road on daily basis. I suggest you to get the PROceed, you will love it and feel the hugh difference over stock.
you can always use more POWA

seriously though, more power is good if you know how and WHEN to use it.
      07-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
theirs nothing wrong with more power besides I'm not stock I have all the bolt-ons including an AA processor. I've been wanting to get the procede for awhile now and I cant get the feeling that shiv is working on something new like a all new procede.

a little off topic ,but how can you tell if your fuel pump is failing??
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
theirs nothing wrong with more power besides I'm not stock I have all the bolt-ons including an AA processor. I've been wanting to get the procede for awhile now and I cant get the feeling that shiv is working on something new like a all new procede.

a little off topic ,but how can you tell if your fuel pump is failing??
what gives you that impression, shiv just designed and released the Rev II not long ago. Cant see him jumping shit on his own platform that quickly.

order it, enjoy it......get meth when he releases it and the ASR turbo's and you'll be all day long.
      07-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #10
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
what gives you that impression, shiv just designed and released the Rev II not long ago. Cant see him jumping shit on his own platform that quickly.

order it, enjoy it......get meth when he releases it and the ASR turbo's and you'll be all day long.
I saw a previous thread of him saying the procede is good for 400-450 (I could have misinterpreted) and rev I wasn't out for long until rev II came out. I could see him coming out with the rev III sometime next year.

I do want meth, but I put a system in my trunk that complicates things. I was hoping maybe a audio expert around would tell me I can run my system with one high powered battery or give me a suggestion on a new layout or something like that. ASR turbo's I'm down for, but not right now maybe in another two years or so.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

Yeah, shiv is working on something big... a few big things actually (unless there is more he's not discussing)
1. The Custom tuning documentation for the PROcede
2. The AUTO-TUNE Function for the PROcede
3. Introduction of the METH functionality for the PROcede

That's about all I know at this point... but Im sure Shiv will comment if need be...

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #12
Hyper psi-atic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport, 6MT, AW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
I saw a previous thread of him saying the procede is good for 400-450 (I could have misinterpreted) and rev I wasn't out for long until rev II came out. I could see him coming out with the rev III sometime next year.

Not sure if you misheard or misinterpreted what he said about the 400-450whp limits regarding the Procede . As I dont have the Procede I also wont try to assume what Shiv is or isnt working on, BUT i will say that based upon my research and experience if he is working on something like a new "tune" or maps etc... it would be to manipulate tuning paramters using better timing control, boost curves etc and NOT more power. He can make more power with the Procede now if he wanted, BUT the constraints lie within our Turbo-Housing and Compressors. You can throw all the boost/power you want into a tune but the if the Turbos wont hold it, whats the point? Our turbos were not built with unlimited scalability, and have max pressure contstraints that without upgrading, theres really no way around it.

If you are set on not changing out the Turbos/Manifolds etc. then you can always start to look at engine internals but thats alot more work and cost and warranty voide potential than its worth considering estimates of max internal HP constraints are around 600hp anyways.

Just wait for a tried and tested turbo upgrade to be released and hope the price is reasonable. Or else yes you're stuck with only 15-17psi levels and increases in the form of octane or Meth kits.

With our weight if I was pushing 420+whp i'd be more concerned about shelling out for an LSD/ upgraded clutch then more power. Gotta be able to use it first.
Appreciate 0