E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone had any issues with Procede not being able to read & clear codes?

07-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Glowin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35 & 335i now - M2/M4 next?

Anyone had any issues with Procede not being able to read & clear codes?

This has really got me puzzled... CANBUS features seem to be working, as I can switch maps with the remotes and I see the check engine light flash the corresponding number of times. To clear codes, I've done the press the gas pedal all the way to the floor, and the half engine light comes on, so again, this is a sign CANBUS is working I believe.

But I intentionally threw a code by unplugging my TMAP sensor, got a check engine light of course when I started the car, and no codes!

Tonight, my luck, I got a check engine light, so I got home to scan it, and no codes at all showed up. All this was while I'm running Procede v3.01 and firmware 117, looking at channel Debug Word 8 (for DME codes). Zero.

So just to see if it would make a difference, I upgraded the firmware to 125, run Procede Reader 3.11, and upgraded the map even to the latest.

And I still got no codes!

Then a strange thing happened, after like the 5th time I had connected to the Procede, I finally saw a bunch of codes! Which I couldn't see again the next couple of times I connected to the Procede... and of course, I hadn't cleared them yet, so they should have still been there.

So it seems like the unit is only sporadically able to read (and possibly clear?) codes. Great, that makes me really confident going to the dealer after thinking I've got no codes / I've cleared them all...

Anyone run into anything like this? I'll open up a ticket tomorrow I guess, but figured I'd ask in case others have seen this.

Last edited by Glowin; 07-24-2009 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

I think it's Debug Word 3 now.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Guys guys... just follow the link in my sig and download the newest user software, maps and firmeware. All DME codes are displayed in the DME Diagnostic Code parameter. No need to set anything up at all. It is no longer a debug parameter as it was when we first released this feature.

As for it only working part of the time, i assure you something else is going on. It will work. Check the comm connection between the laptop and the PROcede. Maybe its dropping out for some reason. Also, make sure your doors are closed and that the dash screen is reading the normal stuff (outside temp).

Shiv
Appreciate 0