BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

08-28-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Too many people whining in Marketplace. We need someone to take care of it.

Marketplace will die out even more than right now if we see people keep on complaining about the price. Marketplace forum is not a general discussion forum nor a negociating dealership. If you want to cut the price down before you buy, PM each other and work it out.

We have so many members here, just browsing through the Marketplace and see if they can talk shit about what other people are selling. If the price is not reasonable, then just click the damn "Back" button and go look somewhere else.

Other forums, there are moderators for each forum so it gets nicely moderated. Some forums ban people for talking unnecessary stuff in Marketplace/Classified section, and MANY forums just delete their posts, which works great.

I can see how people might want to comment(without an intention to buy) on a thread in Marketplace for 2 valid reasons:

1. To give props to the guy(either they had a great transaction before, or the price is awesome). i.e. "Great price. Good luck", "Great guy. I can vouch for him"

2. To warn others about the seller(not price wise, but if you had a bad experience with the seller previously because of bad shipment or communication, etc). Maybe if the seller is a fraud or something. i.e. "I bought a spoiler from this guy, took 5 months to ship"

IF you are not sure about whether price is good or not, just ask other people on the forum. Create a thread in Marketplace and ask "Should I buy this for $xxx.xx? is this a good price?", then other members can go ahead and give their 2 cents.

Tired of seeing all these E90ers just whining about anything in Marketplace forum. I usually just sit back and let mods do their thing, but I've been eyeing on this problem for a long time and its just not getting any better. Its getting worse.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 07:45 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Anyone who ever sees posts like the ones you mentioned (complaining something too expensive, etc...), feel free to throw the Marketplace forum rules at them --> http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17514

Or, report it to us and we'll take care of it. Thanks.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
BMWoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 03 Z MT, 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Marketplace will die out even more than right now if we see people keep on complaining about the price. Marketplace forum is not a general discussion forum nor a negociating dealership. If you want to cut the price down before you buy, PM each other and work it out.

We have so many members here, just browsing through the Marketplace and see if they can talk shit about what other people are selling. If the price is not reasonable, then just click the damn "Back" button and go look somewhere else.

Other forums, there are moderators for each forum so it gets nicely moderated. Some forums ban people for talking unnecessary stuff in Marketplace/Classified section, and MANY forums just delete their posts, which works great.

I can see how people might want to comment(without an intention to buy) on a thread in Marketplace for 2 valid reasons:

1. To give props to the guy(either they had a great transaction before, or the price is awesome). i.e. "Great price. Good luck", "Great guy. I can vouch for him"

2. To warn others about the seller(not price wise, but if you had a bad experience with the seller previously because of bad shipment or communication, etc). Maybe if the seller is a fraud or something. i.e. "I bought a spoiler from this guy, took 5 months to ship"

IF you are not sure about whether price is good or not, just ask other people on the forum. Create a thread in Marketplace and ask "Should I buy this for $xxx.xx? is this a good price?", then other members can go ahead and give their 2 cents.

Tired of seeing all these E90ers just whining about anything in Marketplace forum. I usually just sit back and let mods do their thing, but I've been eyeing on this problem for a long time and its just not getting any better. Its getting worse.
HEAR HEAR, I had a ton of "advisors" on my 162's I sold, and the same thing happened to another guy just a few days ago... if you don't like the price, don't buy it. No reason to knock someone because they want to get what they think their items are worth.
      08-28-2006, 09:45 PM   #4
MIKEYMIKE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i 6mt

Word.

I am so sick of people coming on marketplace threads and bitching about the price.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they dont trash the item up for sale. How is it that one can say "oh that's really cheap" but not "that's a little overpriced"?

I doubt that all sellers pay attention to FS threads on this board. So IMO I think it's appropriate for other members to say things like "this member sold you the same thing last week for X amount. your price is a lil bit much".
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #6
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they dont trash the item up for sale. How is it that one can say "oh that's really cheap" but not "that's a little overpriced"?

I doubt that all sellers pay attention to FS threads on this board. So IMO I think it's appropriate for other members to say things like "this member sold you the same thing last week for X amount. your price is a lil bit much".
Keep those comments out of the sale thread. If you think its overpriced, then keep it to yourself. No reason for you to share it. You might be entitled to your opinions, but there is forum rule saying respect the seller. If you have no interest in buying, just stay out of it. Simple sentence like, "thats overpriced" is already crapping on the thread. Idea is to keep the place positively, thats why positive comments should be allowed, while negative comments should stay outside of the sale thread. Like I've mentioned in my original post in this thread, if its a serious issue(regarding the seller's reputation. i.e: fraud-like seller/seller with bad reputation already), then it should be mentioned before sale goes on. Im not saying you should keep your mouth shut no matter what, if you have an opinion to share regarding the damn price that you don't like, keep it out of the Seller's thread. Lately, Marketplace has been devastated by lame members posting so many unnecessary comments in FS threads.

If someone asks(in non-sale thread) whether price is expensive or not, then thats where you share your 2 cents.

Sometimes, freedom of speech sucks. People abuse it too much.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I dont think is a big deal....some people dont want a member to pay too much for an item (we're trying to watch eachothers back)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska
I dont think is a big deal....some people dont want a member to pay too much for an item (we're trying to watch eachothers back)
exactly. I dont understand why we can go on here and flame dealerships and share deals that we got but are not allowed to say things like "it's a lil expensive".

Also- group buy threads tend to always have members complaining that things are expensive yet people still buy those items. It's just not that big of a deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #9
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
if its not big of a deal, then why bother posting at all in the first place?
I guess bimmer owners are picky or some crap. And don't tell me its about "so other members don't pay more", most of the garbage comments made regarding the price is just to flame the seller who is asking for more money.

I guess there is no real solution. so many crying babies about the price.
and most people who claims "we should yell out over-pricing sellers", are buyers.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
you know what, after reading my posts here, it makes me look like im standing up for over-priced sellers.

thats not my intention. Despite the fact that I hate over priced selling deals, I just think people shouldn't crap all over. If they are asking for more money than usual, then they won't get any customers.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
aphall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I'm with lux on this one. No other car enthusiast board contains this much thread bashing. Simple economics principle here people... if the price is too high, demand will be low. If someone buys an item at a price higher than someone else did, that's their problem... either 1) they wanted to get that item fast and found it to be a good bargain compared to buying new or 2) they didn't do their homework. If the seller gets no takers on their price, they will lower it or go somewhere else. Threads that say, "I can get it cheaper at XXX" are the worse and should not be in the FS forum. If you can get it cheaper somewhere else, then go for it.

Appreciate 0