New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

07-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
iparout
Rep
Drives: Z4 ?

Space grey with beige interior pics ?

Hi.

I am planning on getting an SDrive35i and, for reasons too long to explain, I have to decide between the following combos :

1) Space Grey with beige interior
2) Space Grey with black interior
3) Black Sapphire with black interior
4) Black Sapphire with beige interior

Any ideas ?

I saw the grey/black combo on the dealership and I believe that the grey/beige one would be better. I am leaning towards it, however I haven't seen that combo anywhere. Is it possible for someone to post pics of it (if available) ?

Also, pics of the black/beige combo would be nice.. (I scrolled through the official color thread and found a few Z4s with black exterior/light colored interior, but I'm not able to differentiate between white and beige interiors.. lol)

Thanks a lot !
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iparout View Post
Hi.

I am planning on getting an SDrive35i and, for reasons too long to explain, I have to decide between the following combos :

1) Space Grey with beige interior
2) Space Grey with black interior
3) Black Sapphire with black interior
4) Black Sapphire with beige interior

Any ideas ?

I saw the grey/black combo on the dealership and I believe that the grey/beige one would be better. I am leaning towards it, however I haven't seen that combo anywhere. Is it possible for someone to post pics of it (if available) ?

Also, pics of the black/beige combo would be nice.. (I scrolled through the official color thread and found a few Z4s with black exterior/light colored interior, but I'm not able to differentiate between white and beige interiors.. lol)

Thanks a lot !
I don't have any pics of the black sapphire & beige but I test drove one. It looks very nice. I have also seen Space Grey with black (IIRC), also nice.

One tell tale sign of the Ivory white package, is white above the glove box. On a beige (or red) interior, it's black there.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
iparout
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
I don't have any pics of the black sapphire & beige but I test drove one. It looks very nice. I have also seen Space Grey with black (IIRC), also nice.

One tell tale sign of the Ivory white package, is white above the glove box. On a beige (or red) interior, it's black there.
Thanks for the input. Problem is that not all photos have a shot of the glove box.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Look in the "colors" sticky thread for "black". Partly down the page is Ivory with the white, and well down from that is the beige interior with the black in the same area.

EDIT: The beige is cross-linked here: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=11
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
iparout
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
Look in the "colors" sticky thread for "black". Partly down the page is Ivory with the white, and well down from that is the beige interior with the black in the same area.

EDIT: The beige is cross-linked here: http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=11
Thanks a lot. Pity it doesn't have a pic where both the exterior and the seats are visible.

Hopefully someone will also post the grey/beige combo since, right now, it seems like my best choice.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
twin turbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

I have Alpine White 35i with Beige. I bought the car sight unseen and I wasn't too sure about the beige interior. I really like the beige interior, it's almost a cream color. I think the Grey with beige will look good.
2014 Audi RS5 (sold)
2012 Audi TT RS (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
iparout
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin turbo View Post
I have Alpine White 35i with Beige. I bought the car sight unseen and I wasn't too sure about the beige interior. I really like the beige interior, it's almost a cream color. I think the Grey with beige will look good.
Is the beige interior hard to keep clean ? (it's my only real concern about it)
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
twin turbo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iparout View Post
Is the beige interior hard to keep clean ? (it's my only real concern about it)
I have only had the car since this past Saturday, so not sure how well it will hold up. The color is so much nicer than the beige in my wife's Lexus. I think it will be worth the extra effort to keep it clean. I test drove a 35i with the white upgraded interior, looked good but I'm sure that would be impossible to keep clean.
2014 Audi RS5 (sold)
2012 Audi TT RS (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #9
BlueZ4Arizona
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin turbo View Post
I have only had the car since this past Saturday, so not sure how well it will hold up. The color is so much nicer than the beige in my wife's Lexus. I think it will be worth the extra effort to keep it clean. I test drove a 35i with the white upgraded interior, looked good but I'm sure that would be impossible to keep clean.
Hello, I am new to the forum. I currently have a 2007 Corvette and am considering the purchase of a 2009 Z4 after I sell the Corvette in the next few months.

The smoother surface of the upgraded interior might make it easier to keep clean since it does not have the grooves that the regular leather has. A bit more dirt might get caught inside the grooves of the regular leather. Yet, the lighter color of the upgraded interior might show more dirt and be the more difficult one to keep clean.

Neither is the "wrong" choice as far as looks, as both leathers look fantastic.

We may have to wait to get some feedback from owners of both types of leather (Regular Beige and Upgraded White) before we know for sure which is easier to keep clean.

It would be good to get some feedback from some people, so those of us still deciding, can make a decision.

To respond to the initial Poster's question about Space Gray with Beige interior. My girlfriend had almost the identical color combo on her Infiniti FX35, and the contrast and look of the gray against the beige is very sharp and attractive.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
DutchDriver
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 118i Cabrio LeMans Blue

Garage List
Space grey with beige pics

Space grey with beige pics can be found in this thread on a french BMW forum:
http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/bmw/sujet4560-595.htm
(scroll all the way down!)
      07-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #11
kplsoleil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 eventually...

wow I think it looks great!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #12
kplsoleil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 eventually...

more
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
iparout
Rep

After seeing those pics, I think I am in love !!
Appreciate 0