E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HPFP Replaced, Intake making weird noise

07-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
Bushi_Bia
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

HPFP Replaced, Intake making weird noise

Just got my fuel pump replaced, car starts fine, but now when I "get on it" , the intakes make a loud, rough sort of noise like air is running through the wrong spot. I have the vishnu dual cone intakes, and before this they never made that noise, sounded perfectly fine. But now they make a very loud, (not good loud) sound when sucking in, and also the blow off is louder than normal, but doesnt sound like a normal blow off... I tightened one of the clamps that came loose, but it didn't seem to help.. anyone know what this could be?

-edit- Its not a hissing noise, I'll take a video of it as soon as the weather lets up... really dont want to have to bring the car back to the dealer so if its something I can fix, it would be alot easier. Anyone know what they mess with to get to the fuel pump?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Bushi_Bia
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks, I checked them to see if they would come off, but they didn't. I'll definitely go back when the rain stops and check them again.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

whats a FDV
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
Bushi_Bia
Enlisted Member
Rep

It's not really a chirp.. just like a blow off like theres nothing connected to the intake.. I dont know really how to explain it but Ill check and get back to you. Thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
Bushi_Bia
Enlisted Member
Rep

Oh, and just to be sure. Lets say I drive around like this for awhile, and it doesnt affect performance and no lights come on, you think that could cause a problem?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
Bushi_Bia
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey fixed the problem. It was one of the "blow off valves" Number 1 in the n54 diagram sticky thread. I was messing with the dv in the front and back and those were on good... then I just happened to stumble on that valve and it was higher than the other one.. so I pushed it and it was just sliding in and out. Took it out , opened the lock, put it in then locked it. Seems like they put it in while the lock was in the lock position. Anyway, Problem fixed, thanks alot.
Appreciate 0